What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your tallest sarracenia pitcher

Hiya guys, just wanted to know what your talllest sarracenia pitcher is yet, mine is 2' 3" on my S. leucophylla and the newest pitcher is bearly showing traits of the plant and already 1' tall, can't wait for the new result

S. flava var. rugelii 2 feet 5 inches

Remember that bragging is only believable when accompanied with an undoctored photo containing a tapemeasure for scale.

S. flava rubricorpora x moorei burgundy
bigredresize.JPG

Hehe, I don't suppose 1'1" is really bragging on an S. flava, so I won't bother with a picture.
~Joe

30". S. leucophylla, red tube form, Covington County, Alabama.

I will need to dig up the picture of it, but last year my leuco hit around 37".

S. leucophylla 27 inches

S. minor, 1'4.5''.

My tallest pitcher so far was from an S. alata Black Tube that stood at just over three feet. As a matter of fact, it held on to it for most of the winter when I was able to snap a shot of it. Too bad I wasn't able to get a picture of it when it was in pristine condition. Look--->

alataBTtall.jpg

Super necro bump, but I picked up a Sarracenia alata 'Black Tube' this weekend at the Sacramento Reptile Show with a pitcher that measures just over 30"... One of the tallest sarrs I've seen so far, but I'm still a n00b. I'm curious to hear what current members have as their tallest pitcher plants now.

My Sarr oreophilla got a 27" pitcher on it this year.

My tallest pitcher is one I've posted here before. Belongs to a Sarracenia Flava Rugleii at just over 36 inches. I also have some Leuco's that are coming up at around 30 inches.

My tallest pitcher ever was a flava x oreophilla pitcher which was 43 inches prior to opening since the tip gave it a few inches of additional height. It dropped down to about 40 inches once the hood opened up.

I don't normally measure these by size. I prefer to measure by color, design, shape/form, etc., but seeing as it was asked....
Not the tallest I have had perhaps, but here's the only pic I could find of one I actually bothered to measure.

BigSarr.jpg

:water:

Oh yea, "Kirkscoastalcarnivores", your link asks for your password.

Awesome! Color and form are of course the most important, but there's something about a three foot tall leaf that's really incredible.

Back