What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your favorite

My personal favourite is the 'hairy' form of N. hamata.

this is my favorite, my highland striped veitchii
427veitchii.jpg

but i find myself quite impatient over each new pitcher from my jacquelineae x izumiae. the next one looks like it may be even closer to the jac parent
2750a072.jpg

Tough question. My favorite is probably edwardsiana or macrophylla, but I don't have either one of those.
My favorite that I grow may be the lowii x truncata also, but that could change as my veitchiis or rajah or lowii or burbidgeae or .... get bigger.

N veitchii anything...highland, lowland, striped, hybrids. My wildest dream is to grow nothing but N. veitchii and it's hybrids. I'll be like the world expert on N. veitchii. N. veitchii groupies will be following me around day and night, asking me for my autograph.

Brian

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Brian_W @ Oct. 05 2005,11:09)]N. veitchii groupies will be following me around day and night, asking me for my autograph.

Brian
ha! or something else?!
smile_m_32.gif
smile_o_32.gif
smile_l_32.gif

well right now for me its the veitchii L x H that i just got.  before it was my copelandii.  i have and order comming this thursday and i think my new favorite will be a burbidgea with a pink flush.....or will it be my spectabilis x veitchii?  steve!.....

I love N. hamata, and N. macrophylla and villosa. I have all three, but my villosas are tiny, and I don't know if it's cold enough for them. I might try them outdoors. HMMM.

Also, obviously the veitchiis are great, and I love the ovata/bongso neps too. Frankly, they're all great, so it's hard to pick!

Capslock

Yes, I love my bongso too, (just don't tell my carunculata and ovata).

My favourite is definately edwardsiana, though I don't grow it.

My favourite plant that I do grow is sibuyanensis.

-D. Lybrand

My favourite is Nepenthes nepenthes: all of them!
smile_n_32.gif

Amori

Although its not a species known for being particularly spectacular (it is to me however) my N. merrilliana is becoming my favorite as it gets bigger. Closely followed by my N. rowanae (exciting as its starting to put on some good size). Actually I can not decide be tween the two of them. They are both my favorite!

N.anamensis is one of my favorites that I have.
From those I dont have is N.sumatrana my personal favorite.

My Nep fusca 'Sarawak' is the the favorite of the Neps I currently have.  Or at least of the ones large enough to show their tendencies.  It has a great combination of looks and tolerance.  Like a wife, the best Nep needs both.

I like aristo, my favorite that I have so far is inermis, mosly mecause I grew it out, I only collect neps that are really interesteing, thats why I only have a few (mikie, mulensis, koto, inermis, lowii)

My favorite would be villosa or macrophylla.

The favorite in my collection is northiana x veitchi.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Oct. 06 2005,9:38)]Although its not a species known for being particularly spectacular (it is to me however)  my N. merrilliana is becoming my favorite as it gets bigger. Closely followed by my N. rowanae (exciting as its starting to put on some good size). Actually I can not decide be tween the two of them. They are both my favorite!
[b said:
Quote[/b] (tyfone @ Oct. 07 2005,12:59)]
N.anamensis is one of my favorites that I have.
From those I dont have is N.sumatrana my personal favorite.

Yay,
I am a lowlander too! My favourites are rafflesiana, merriliana and northiana  
smile.gif
 havent had a pitcher on sumatrana yet though...
Is rowanae or viking similar to each other? thinking of getting 1 too, they are equally easy/difficult?
thanks

N. rowanae and N. viking are somewhat similar yes. But thier peristomes are vastly different. For my N. rowanae has been a nice growing plant. I have noticed though it really like lots of heat and lots of light.

Back