What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite sundew?

What's your favorite sundew? - Figured i should make a poll on it

• Rosetted Subtropical Sundews

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Temperate Sundews

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Fork-Leafed Sundews

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Tropical Sundews

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Wooly Sundews

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Pygmy Sundews

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Tuberous(specify;regular, erect, climbing, fanleafed, rosetted)

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • South African Winter Growing Sundews

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • King Sundew

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Whatever you pick,please specify what species(don't click this

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Of the nine common types of drosera I have, I like my D. x 'California Sunset' the most.

It's really taking off in growth and in dewiness. I'm enjoying watching it grow and like how the leaves "unroll" as they stretch for the sky. Or in my case, the growlights. ;)

Drosera sessilifolia is my favorite plant I own. I'd say South America makes the best sundews with Australia a very close second as woolly and pygmy sundews are quite beautiful.

KING! Forked ones are nice too, though, I LOVE Drosera Dichetoma!

My favorite (today) is D. kenneallyi. Skinny long petioles with large round pads - the epitome of what a sundew is supposed to be. :hail: The 2 on either end were my favorites....
Dkenneallyi-both032606RS.jpg

Although, it's difficult to not fall for some of the others in the group ..... (some D. ordensis toddlers) ...
DordensisHL111105RS.jpg

Hmmm - looks like someone dug up an old thread .... Oh well, here's some pics for it....

D. falconeri, tropical. Awesome looking plant. No other dew compares.

Drools............ :D Pretty :D I like the looks of tuberous and wollies but I love what I have besides when I get home I'll have loafds of drosera to trade for something like paradoxa or lanat :) My favorites umm Iove them all there on of my favorites genus since they are easy to rpopogate most of the time and are economical.(compared to nepeenthes,heliamorpoha,some sarracenia and some dionea.

I picked 'temperate sundews' which seems to be the closest to 'alpine sundews'. This is because my favourite is Drosera arcturi.

All pygmies and more pygmies

D. nitidula x pulchella

and second D. callistos and D. pygmaea

Tuberous drosera all the way.

:hail: D. stolonifera

followed by D. regia and the petiolaris complex

Go Capensisweed!:bigthumpup:

Mines about to flower. Heeheeheee

I'm kinda getting more into the Temperate 'dews this Spring.

Specifically the D. filiformis species. :)

My favorite is D.rotundifolia. Unfortunately, The summers in Atlanta are too hot to grow them. I'm going to go see the closest wild population in a few days, though. It is in Rabun County Georgia which is several hundred meters higher in elevation than Atlanta.

Back