What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your favorite bladderwort?

Whats your favorite bladderwort?

My favorite Utric right now would have to be U. Longifolia. It is so neat! The leaves even move to face the direction they're getting the most sun from. I can't wait till it grows large enough to flower and divide!

SF

Hehe, this is an easy one for anyone who knows me.
wink.gif

My favorite that I grow is the eternally beautiful U. calcyfida 'Asenath Waite'.

My fave that I don't have yet...U. calcyfida 'Cthulhu'
tounge.gif

(Sue me if I used the wrong spelling of Ktulu...there's just so many
wink.gif
)

Why this sudden rash of 'what's your favourite'? Used to be nelumbifolia and maybe still is, although it looks a bit too weedy right now.

Giles

I was up till 3 o`clock last night and was bored! hehehehehe

I really like U. multifida and U chrysantha.

My favorite is U. campbelliana, its also probably the CP I would most like to add to my collection.

These photographs of this Utric in habitat on Joachim Nerz's web site, are stunning and show what a superb plant this is. Utricularia campbelliana at Cerro Neblina

In my opinion, this species deserves to be much more widely grown in cultivation (and therefore available to me  
biggrin.gif
).

Vic

I thought we were talking about plants we had actually grown. If we are including pipe-dreams, I will add U. dunstaniae, U. quinquedentata, and U. tetraloba.

I got for the big gaudy flowers although I agree with Dodec U. multifada is a beauty and very unique.

U. reniformis small form flowered for me (photos soon) and I have to say I still cant find my socks after seeing that blossom.

U. macrorhiza is also very fine!

For plants I grow I am going to have to go with quelchii but my reniformis 'large form' and nelumbifolia are a close second

I like Inflata ...but I don't grow it.

my favorite would be u. sandersonii because it continuesly makes bunny like flowers , and grows like crazy .

Goldtrap's got a good point. U. blanchetii is another nice-looking plant that never seems to stop flowering, as well as the ubiquitous U. livida. I'm still waiting to see flowers from U. bisquamata "Betty's Bay", but I've heard good things about it.

U. livida. 'Cause I haven't killed it yet
biggrin.gif
! It's actually growing
smile.gif

Of the ones I`m curently growing I would have to say u.livida (because its growing very fast).

I think my tricolor is making to be my favorite.

I don't have any Bladderworts yet, (hope to get some next year). These are my favorites: Sandersonii, Multifida, Reniformis, Gibba, Nephrophylla, (spelling?) Cornata/Sabulata, Tridentata, Simplex, and Caerulea. Pubescens is pretty cool too. The flower in Vic's pic is a big WOW, Utricularia campbelliana I believe, just beautiful!, Hope that plant becomes available some day soon!!!

Hi,

My two favorites are U. biloba and U. bisquamata 'big purple flower'. The latter might also be the big audrey form.

That's the reason, why i like them :

U. biloba

U. bisquamata 'big purple flower'

Christian

well,my favorite would now have to say that my favorite is u.macrohiza.

Back