What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's wrong with this picture??

This female was parked alone on this ‘Hurricane Creek White’ all summer but it looks like her first mate said the wrong thing during some recent sex.:censor:
1003632601x800.jpg

1003608601x800.jpg

That carcass stayed on her back all day and then just disappeared at dusk. You don't see that every day.

:-)):-)):-)):-))
"I will have you even if it kills me!"

"They'll have to pry you out of my cold, dead...claw-hands."

"Till death do us part- and beyond!"

"Like a zombie Energizer bunny, he just keeps going, and going, and going, even when dead!"
:lol::lol::lol:

No, seriously- great shots, very awesome and unique subjects, lol.
I think this is an epic set.
I showed my friend and her response was:
"OMG WHAT IS THAT EVEN!?
---
it's obviously evil it's eyes are glowing. it's totally evil, i know it is"

Last edited:
Fred, that's an award-winning photo. Like something out of a noir comic book. Love the eye. :)

That photo is classic!! I vaguely remember watching one documentary which Sir David Attenborough narrated...seems that the male is SO keen to fertilise her eggs that he continues to deposit whatever he needs to deposit in her while she is chewing his head off! Yeeww...

The real femme fatale, no?

I was fortunate that the pair I just mated didn't have that happen.

I had just stuffed her full of moths, so I guess she wasn't hungry.

Great pics! That looks like Stagomantis....californica, maybe? Definately a stagomantis species.

You would think after millions of years of evolution, they would have learned how to duck by now. LOL.

A textbook mantis photo!

Seriously, I've seen similar shots in several mantid and biology books. I've never seen a pic of just how she's able to pull off that maneuver (and head). :D

I've never seen a pic of just how she's able to pull off that maneuver (and head).

I've seen it on video - she just turns around and starts chewing. He's so engrossed in what he's doing, he doesn't bother to even try to defend.

Once the he's "dead" (which doesn't take long) - his body retains the reflexes to keep going for over 24 hours.

I never thought I would see it twice in the same season but…again another headless horseman!
1003757800x601.jpg

OH GOSH, that's just too crazy!!! I mean, not just that it happened again, but on your Sarrs again too! Wild!
Hahahahhaha! Great shot! :D

Yea,
The males are like the Energizer Bunny...
they keep on going...and going...and going...! :boogie:

So what do we have here? ???
Some guy loosing his head over a woman,
a guy with only "you know what" on his mind!
Oh, a woman biting her spouse's head off in public
or using him for everything he's got!

Well, at least they can blame "instinct" for their actions!

Got to admit, she looks kind of foolish walking around like that! :-O

Nice! Lucky you Fred, they've all turned into icicles here lol

I agree Paul, she does look pretty foolish but HE is the REAL fool now isn't he!!

No ice here Yann! We just had a few 95 degree days. :) I feel for you man.

"[You'd think]...they would've learned how to duck by now"

hahaha LOL

Dude what the hell!!!

How did she even bend that way? They seem like pretty... stiff... creatures.

Back