What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the neps you want most?

Aaron hit the nail on the head for me too.

I like flexible hardy plants. No terrariums or greenhouses for me... not for a while anyway. Anything that's happy next to my ventrata is welcome. I think ventrata may actually be my favorite though... I'm easily pleased I guess.
smile.gif

Any nep that has a distinct characteristic. Since that is a lot I'll list the more expensive ones....
N. aristolochiloides
N. hamata
N. jacquelineae
N. veitchii (highland)
N. truncata (highland)
There is others but i can't remember them.

I'm sure if I knew more species of neps, I would have a greater variety to choose from. That could take years, but for now, I like (and treat) all my neps equally. And I only have one alive one, species unknown.

Wouldn't it be better to put a tick box vote. No wait, maybe not, the list might be quite lenghty...
smile_l_32.gif

I'll just say I want every single nep in the world. No, not joking.
biggrin.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

N.ampullaria forms that would grow in my tropical terrarium. Somtimes i see pictuers of ground traps and feal like taking a bite from it.

Ytk

The Neps I dream about for my collection are:
N. klossii
N. platychilla
N. edwardsiana

Anytime someone wants to release these would be fine with me...
smile_m_32.gif

edit: Ha, I replied first then read the thread, Tony and I have the same wishlist!
smile.gif

N. platychila
N. ramispina (ooo....all black....)
N. ampularia Cantley's Red
N. ampularia var tricolor
N. macrophylla
N. copelandii
<s>N. inermis</s> GOT IT! YAY!

For now....

Tamlin, THAT is funny!  Parents coming home early... LOL LOL LOL
laugh.gif

Hi
Id love (need) to own = N x Dyeriana
N x lle de France
N x Mastersiana
Just not about in the UK
smile_h_32.gif

Bye Julian

N. treubiana

A lowlander closely related to sumatrana, but not in cultivation (as far as I know).

N. Inermis... Awesome!
N. Rajah.
N. Hamata.

There are sooo many neps that I want, but those 3 would top the list.

/Quensel

Most that I want I have coming soon:

N. dubia
N. campanulata
N. clipeata
N. ramispina
------------------------------

Plants that I want to see in different varieties or at all in cultivation:(or that I just want)

N. klossii
N. platychilla
N. edwardsiana
N. gracillima (more color variants)
N. argentii (maybe someday I will have spent enough from a certain someone to get one as a gift plant *cough*  
smile_m_32.gif

confused.gif
)
BIGGER N. sibayuensis and miras...

~LM~

I have always wanted the veitchii like in Ch'ien Lee's orignal pic that used to be on Malesiana's site. Striped peristome with a pink-ish body. I know some have a highland x lowland version around with a striped peristome, but I don't know how close it will look.
BTW, N. pervillei is probably on Wistuba's site.

Cheers,

Joe

griffin, i went there yesterday but i couldn't really find a place to auctually buy anything! i just saw the terms of agreement.

how much would i have to pay for a permit in order to buy one? and how much would the auctual plant cost?

it's the only plant i HAVE to have that will grow in my conditions.

A lot of the Neps I want most I got this year!:
N. aristolochioides, N. clipeata, N. macrophylla, N. truncata (highland) & N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana. These plus my favorites  N. burbidgeae, N. rajah, N. villosa & N. x tiveyi etc etc now reside in my greenhouse  
smile.gif
 Now I can look forward to the years ahead as they get bigger and actually look like the plants you see in books  
smile_m_32.gif

I am still waiting for N. edwardsiana..
smile_o_32.gif

A guy on the CPUK forum reckons he got one from a person in Japan.. I wonder?? And others I should have listed include:
N. x trusmadiensis, N. x kinabaluensis & N. x alisaputrana

cheers

bill

JustlikeAPill, You don't need a permit to order from him, but it will take roughly 6mos to receive the plant. He sends orders to the US randomly and a distributor sends them to you once received.

Joe

I would also love to find some good lowland female breeders, like the original female N. Mixta that is supposed to be around.

Vigorous, free-flowering, large pitchered female clones of N. hookeriana-red peristome form, or N. northiana.

Trent

I have a lot.
N. x tomomi
N. x tiveyi
N. aristochloides
N. edwardsiana
N. macrophylla
N. klossi
N. x dyeriana
N. truncata highland
N. villosa
N. talangensis
N. maxima x trusmadiensis
N. argentii
N. lowii
N. veitchii highland striped
N. inermis
N. jacquelineae
N. the newly discovered one on Wistuba's page
N. x alisaputrana
N. x trusmadiensis
N. x kinabaluensis
N. platychila
N. vlossii (Sp?)
That's just the beginning of my list

I’d pick N. inermis and the conditions for growing it.  If that’s not possible, then N. sumatrana.  By the way, does anyone know why photos of N. Sumatrana on the web show very different kinds of pitchers?  Some photos show a funnel-shaped pitcher (the kind I like), and others show a more or less cylindrical pitcher, or even a pitcher that is bulbous at the bottom typical of Nepenthes.  Do the lower and upper pitchers of N. sumatrana vary that much?

The uppers I beleive are more funnel form. I have a sumatrana but no pitchers yet. It wants even more lowland cond. than bical. So it has its own little chamber with higher temp and humidity.

Joe

Well, it is my turn:

N. dubia
N. species B
N X alisaputrana
N X kinabaluensis
Doormans top 1
Doormans top 2
N. edwardsiana if it is ever cultured

Gus

Back