What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the most expensive?

I got a campanulata about half-way down the spiral. At first I was ticked-off that the price dropped so rapidly, but have no hard feelings anymore (of course I did not have a table full of them like the re-sellers). I have really enjoyed it and think it is a real gem with its odd pitchers. Just remember not too long ago it was considered extinct and now almost anyone can care for one. I assume the news of its rediscovery was primarily why it was priced as highly at first. Now, if we can just get an all-red campanulata it can start all over.

Hi all:

I really enjoy reading these history lessons, because in Australia until a year or so, people in local carnivorous plant societies were very impressed to see a N. campanulata, when i showed one around. Even now, it is not so common in this country for quarantine reasons, of course, with the exception of ex-vitro specimens.

One gentleman told me that he even got malaria looking for this plant many years ago in the jungle, but he could not find it. Thus, he was so emotional when i saw the specimen i had
brought with me.

In other words ladies and gentlemen, any excess campanulatas are still very much welcome in australia.

Gus

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lithopsman @ Oct. 01 2004,5:19)]Robin, might it be...
Dare I speak it?! The ever elusive.
Nepenthes tenuis!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Hi,

the price range for a N. tenuis in Germany is 120€ to 180€ depending on where you buy them. This species isn't in TC so all plants are grown from cuttings up to now.

Cheers Joachim

I take it you are saying tenuis is available from Wistuba for a mere $130-$190 USD?!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I am inferring wistuba on the basis you said Germany. If you wouldn't mind, please send me a PM with more details, because this is a stunning plant!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lithopsman @ Oct. 02 2004,12:48)]I take it you are saying tenuis is available from Wistuba for a mere $130-$190 USD?!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I am inferring wistuba on the basis you said Germany. If you wouldn't mind, please send me a PM with more details, because this is a stunning plant!
Hi Lithopsman,

no, Wistuba doesn't sell them. Better contact me off list.

Joachim

I just heard that N. ampullaria - Williams Red is changing hands in Japan for 50,000 Yen which is about $420
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Exotica was selling N. x Predator for $100 AU when they had them(approx $72.00 US at the moment). Each person has their own idea of expensive. Some would wince and wait for them to hopefully drop in price, while some would order w/o blinking at that price.

Cheers,

Joe

I assume that even though it does not ship the best, that N. campanulata must be a weed in vitro, and of the 24 clones that Malesiana has, they were able to just crank it out.

Cheers,

Joe

Back