What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's happening?

Hello,

A few months ago I noticed some Utric stolons popping up in one of my cephalotus pots and now they are sending up flowers. The problem I'm having is just before the flowers open up fully the petals fall off and a green ball forms that slowly turns purplish. I would like to know what kind of Utric I have but out of at least 7 flowers that have popped up all of them have not fully bloomed. BTW the flowers seem to be either white or pale yellow, and are usually sigle but at least one stalk had 2 flowers. The best way I can describe the stolons is they look like long tear drops.

Can anyone tell me what's going on and how I can make the flowers open and stay open? Thanks for the help

U. subulata..

I have this weed in several pots that I haven't made the effort to erradicate it out of. In my experience it almost never makes a normal flower but does what your describing instead.

You can leave it alone and it will spread throughout your collection in a few months if you let it make seed. But if you have other Utrics it will choke them out. Or if your diligent you can pop the pods off as they form, to slow it's progress of eventually taking over the world.

Tony

lmao, yeat mine havn't ever flowered eaither which really makes me angry, it makes seed pods without flowering. spec told me it has to be rootbound to flower, but spec says alot of things so i don't reall know.

Back