What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you do if you had

First off I would buy a house some where good (San Francisco, Oregon). A house in Australia. Make my own CP BG. And Buy some cool toys including:
Top of the line GPS
A Good Camera (to take Cp photos etc.) w/ attachment ot take photos of bats.
Night Vision Goggle
A Swedish Bat decector ($2000)
A computer with DSL and equipment compatible to the Bat Detecor, GPS, Camera, etc.
Retire

buy every inch of nature and keep every developer or anyone who would do any significant damage out :p
then i'd buy a submarine, build an underwater lab (like in the deep sea so i could see colossal squids and stuff)
then find alternative energy sources, and save the world.
when the world was saved, i'd fill a giant pool with warm chocolate pudding and swim there :p

I assume I would do like everyone else in that situation and raise drug addicted, self-absorbed kids, some of whom would be sociopaths.

I'd buy a 5,000-10,000 acre nature preserve somewhere in the Midwest and erect both a greenhouse and a field house on it that could be used as a research station/youth education facility. Then I'd hire biologists, botanists, wildlife rehabbers, conservationists, and restorationists to begin working with the land. Then I'd donate the entire property to TNC and go back home to the real world.

first i woud hire a full orchestra to follow around my boss playing the imperial march so everone would konw they are coming, then i would go on a long drug binge blow all my money. Then after rehab i would find god and become a minister, you know the usally rockstar/riches to rags story. oh and just for fun i would buy a small african country and name it after some arbitrary object i find.

I would buy a HUGE piece of land,hire the best vets,and take in all sorts of sick/abused animals,from horses to dogs to birds,whatever.I would have a nice house on the property,and I would build another house close by and fly my grandparents in from Hungary so they could live in that house
smile.gif
I would give some away to the childrens hospital and also to the diabetic society(my dad is diabetic)*Niki*
smile_l_32.gif

First help family and friends. Second help my community *karate school, schools, homeless shelters*. Thrid help wildlife organizations. I would think they could do a lot more then just I could. Do not get me wrong I would do my best to help out. Fourth: Send money to the DNR. Keep some for myself but having a crud load of money like can get annoying when all people do is ask for money.

1: Buy a nice home with a huge property
2: Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren
3: a greenhouse filled with Nepenthes and orchids
4: buy a couple of  acres of rain forest around the world
5: donate to a nature conservatory

I'd buy a VERY large property, but a ton of greenhouses on it, train 50 employees on the maintenance of carnivorous plants, and maintenance of greenhouses. It will be a one year course, so they have no excuse for failure. Give all the rest of the money to the U.S. treasury so we can get out of this deficit. I would also breed thousands thousands of CPs there and make it the largest business dealing CPs in the world.

build a large house w/ a 40,000 gallon reef aquarium built into it. (thats 20' x 20' x 20' for those that don't want to do the math.
smile.gif
) House would be as green as I could make it, using solar energy by day, and hydro electric by night (water pumped into a tower w/ excess solar energy during the day, gravity pulls it down past a turbine at night.) no greenhouse for me, I want all my plants indoors, so a built in solarium.

darn!That's a big tank RamPuppy!*Niki*

smile.gif
Big enough to go divin in!
smile.gif

Id quit my job and focus on being a mom. Donate money to the charities I think make the most impact like the "make a wish" program, SPCA... heck theres so many Im not listing them all! Buy a big brick castle lookin house with servants to keep it clean (all cute of course
smile_m_32.gif
) have huge gardens vegetable and flowers beds and of course a big ole bog garden. Get some horses, my daughter loves those and shes a good kid she deserves them! Super glue horns on a few so that she can even have a couple of unicorns to brag to her school friends about. Put her in the safest best school money can buy. Get a nice car so she wont be embarassed when I take her to places like all the cool plays, musicals, and ice shows.
Peacocks!! gotta have them! and a pond surrounded with weeping willows swans swimming in them. Those canadian geese better not try and move in though!
After that I think Id go get some liposuction done and maybe some lifts and tucks just for the heck of it I think Ill skip on the implants and major modifications though those are just too creepy Id hate to have to worry about if my cheek slid down my face while I was sleeping or have my nose get stuck to my fingertip and come unattached whilst I was pickin it or sneeze it off into a croud of people.

Im sure I can ramble off a few more things but I need to go to bed now

you are to funny...

My sister is actually thinking of ordering a black swan for the pond on our ranch... she is hesitant though, they are apparently not very nice.

Well...Dare to dream...

Buy a HUGE peice of property...Make that several peices, all over the place.

Each huge peice of property would have a HUGE house, of which the entire south facing 1/3 would be a giant atrium. Each house would have a different theme in the atrium.

Get pilot's licence (well, lessons first so I don't wind up in the drink) and a plane.

Once I've acheived my desires, then I would start with the philanthropic stuff, starting with the Northern Westchester Shelter, Iinc. (shelter for victims of domestic abuse).

RamPuppy,
Why not just buy the Monterey Bay Aquarium and make it your own private dive tank.

Me?  I would buy Costa Rica, put it back the way it was in 1972, make it my own private rain forrest and invite everyone on the fourum to explore the spectacular scenery...free airfare, room and board of course.

I would buy south america, and put ALL of its human inhabitants in mexico or somewhere other than south america. I would make it a giant wildlife preserve that includes any ocean 100 miles around it. Then I will move to Florida and buy that place too. I would have a HUGE house with an underground tunnel leading to my greenhouse and reptile house. I would start breeding more reptiles and own a carnivorous plant nursery. Then I would buy australia and Asia. And Central America. Then I will buy everybody electric cars so we dont ruin this earth.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ April 07 2005,9:29)]I assume I would do like everyone else in that situation and raise drug addicted, self-absorbed kids, some of whom would be sociopaths.
I'm a sociopath. It's not all bad.

I would buy the moon and then blow it up.

Teacher made this a major assignment when I was in high school. Other people started radio/tv stations or pet stores. I opted to terraform and colonize Mars!

Back