What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to use to  post pictures

OK what is a online storage place so i can show the pictures directly on the site? I have photobucket and thats not allowed the same with snap fish. how do you do it

I use ringo. It's free and unlimited.

imageshack.us gives code for direct linking, I think there is a bandwidth limit for directly linked pictures, but it is rather large.

There is no limit for thumbnailed images, that load their page when looking at the full size pic.

What do you mean Photobucket does not allow this?
I just switched to them a month ago because the site I was at stopped letting you hot link.
I have used Photobucket a number of times without problems. Once you upload the picture they give you the address that will allow you to have the pictures show up in posts on forums or webpages.
All you have to do is copy the link they provide. Then when you post here, click on the Image tab above, and paste the address from Photobucket in the space provided.

Here's a picture from my Photobucket free account:
Usandersonii.jpg

I agree w/ Mr. elgecko. All of the photos I've posted on the forums have been links from photobucket;

Dladle102805RS.jpg

What's the issue??

ok let me try it doesnt allow me im serious. I used to do it all the time.
IMG_1263.jpg

hmm thats wierd it doesnt let me on upload on my other computer.

I also use Photobucket. My only beef with them is that when I have tried uploading existing pictures from the other hosting sites, it tells me that it won't upload because it already uploaded a picture with the same name. Thing is, it isn't the same name. I don't know what gives with that. Does anybody else experience that or be able to show me how to get around that? Also, although it allows for en masse uploads, I haven't figured out how to get it to do that?

Here's my token Photobucket pic:

AF003201.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, although it allows for en masse uploads, I haven't figured out how to get it to do that?
Me either... I tried once but the process was something less than intuitive.
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Dec. 16 2005,2:15)]...although it allows for en masse uploads, I haven't figured out how to get it to do that?
Click the tab next to the window with "Submit Multiple Pictures" shown in it. A drop down list will appear listing the numbers from one to nineteen. Click the number corresponding to the number of pics you want to add. Ie. If you have 5 pics you want to add to Photobucket, click the five. Then wait while the page reloads with five (or whatever the number you clicked) slots to add your pics. The trick is waiting while the page reloads after you click a number in the drop down menu. This sometimes takes a while on dialup.

Steve

Steve,
Thanks a bunch for the 'paint by numbers' approach. I went to my account & still couldn't figure it out. I came back here & reread your instructions, went back to my account and it worked.

That'll save some time next time I need to upload. Thanks again!!
smile_m_32.gif

But how does one get around it refusing to upload pictures from cpforums.org, with the reason that the name has already been used?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Dec. 21 2005,4:47)]But how does one get around it refusing to upload pictures from cpforums.org, with the reason that the name has already been used?
I don't know, but you could always download the pics to your hard drive and then upload from there....

I was going to suggest the same thing Ron. I may be paranoid and jumping to conclusions, but I suspect that not being able to download from another website is intentional. Possibly to keep them from be held liable for someone illegally downloading copywrited material directly to their system.

I dont have any probs with photobucket, except when i have to many pics as it only allows so much free space. But i have 3 diffrent free accounts with them so i have plenty of space.. LOL!!
BCK explained it real well on how to load several pics at a time thats what i do all the time.
Jim if your having a prob with it saysing that pic already exsits try just adding a letter onto the end of the pic your loading like Sundew A or B i have mulitpul pics with the same file name i just add A or B or whatever to the end of the file name and i dont have any probs loading um..
smile_m_32.gif
It wont load pics with the exact same file name twice.

Photobucket is who i use and have lots pic on here from them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (*Barracuda_45* @ Dec. 21 2005,7:12)]Jim if your having a prob with it saysing that pic already exsits try just adding a letter onto the end of the pic your loading like Sundew A or B i have mulitpul pics with the same file name i just add A or B or whatever to the end of the file name and i dont have any probs loading um..
smile_m_32.gif
It wont load pics with the exact same file name twice.
I'm familar with that concept and have done things like writing D. spatulata and the D. spat and D. spat 1. But maybe it really is a security issue. I'll have to find the discs and upload them afresh.

Back