What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What tattoos do you have?

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
I am bored so.......Who has tattoos and of what?

I have a 'Black Widow Spider' on the top of my forearm and the legs wrap around down to the inside of my forearm and hold an Eye.
I have flames starting at the small of my back and go up to my shoulders all the way across.
On my right bicep I have an "Angel" holding a letter "K" and surrounded in a circle of "Stars" (my daughters name--Angel K. Starr)
Over my heart I have a "Hole" full of "Maggots"
On my stomach I have "3 Dice" on "Fire" with the "6s" side up.

What do you have?
Joe

I plan to get one of my drawings on my forearm, maybe a arachnid, sadly I'm only like 13, so I have to wait till I'm 19, then my dad says I can get one
smile_l_32.gif

Tatoos are tacky, they are rubish and a waste of money. And they look ugly. In my grandmas days, ONLY people in jail had tatoos.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ June 15 2004,4:36)]And they look ugly.
It would be kinda ironic If your grandma came home with your portrait on her arm
smile_l_32.gif

Starman, to each their own and personally if you do not like them then don't post on the subject. I draw all my own artwork (ie. my body is my canvas and therfore I am an artist)
My brother is a tattoo artist so I don't spend $$ on it.
Alot has changed since your grandmas days, I'm sure. My grandma has alot of opinions that I consider ignorant, people back then beleived many things to be true and also had opinions of other people that are considered VERY outdated by all means.
Tacky
confused.gif
Tacky is: giving me your grandmas opinion.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Joe

My grandma would rather run a london marathon than have a tatoo. Metion getting a tatoo to her, she will say no, no, no,no. The next thing she will say is "I hate them" Tatoos may be cool now, but what about when you are 65?

when your 65 it will be hardcore Hippe
smile.gif

I HATE tatoos asswell. I hate tatoos.Oh, and I hate tatoos. To be areal artist, get paper and a paintbrush.

I don't have any tattoos and probably won't get one just because I change my mind so often. Plus theyre just not me.

But I do design them for other people. Its amazing to think that someone has my art on them forever.

My favorite tattoos are the maori face tattoos and the full-body Japanese kind. Those are awesome to look at ;)

Whats everyone elses favorite?

I quote from a tatoo website I found on google "Emerging from their often unsavoury reputation of the recent past, tattoos have gained increasing prominence in the past decade. Life magazine estimated in 1936 that 10 million Americans, or approximately 6% of the population had at least one tattoo. The most recent Harris Poll, done in 2003, nearly triples those numbers and estimates that 16% of Americans now have one or more tattoos." another fact"There are an estimated 15,000 parlors operating in the United States, according to a recent U.S. News & World Report article (November 1996)" If you want to see some more tatto stuff go to this place

Starman, why do bother posting if you hate them? This is very obviously for people who do like them or have them. I get your's and your "grandma's" point, you hate them, good for you now move on. I am trying not to be rude or offensive but, you persist on pushing my patients. I happen to disagree with you, but I have not pushed mine upon you. DO NOT PUSH UPON ME!!

Joe

I was just curious who has tattoos and of what, nothing more.

Joe

well, my dad has a Motorcycle man symbol on his forearm, he has me and my brothers intials over his heart, the flying D for ducati, my moms name in a heart on his upper back, and lastly triumph above the moto man
smile.gif

Starman,

Why are you sugar- coating it? Tell us what you really feel, lol!
If I ever get in decent shape, I would consider a tattoo of a gryphon...go figure.

Joe

laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

I wonder why a Griffin, or is it Gryphon?

Joe

I agree... Starman, if you hate tatoos, don't post in a thread for people that love them, then harass them with tons of posts of "i hate tatoos and only stupid ***|=$ in jail have them"

personally, i don't have any ink, and doubt that i will get any. there was a time once that i wanted a tat, but i don't now.

superimposedhope: it sounds like you have some really cool art. i'd be interested in seeing picts. got any?

tech...

Thanks Techno, I'll have to check. My daughters name is my best one, very colorful and sharp lines.

I think it is a good thing that some people don't want any. Those people are responsible enough to know that they are too indecisive or intelligent enough not "follow". I am an avid beleiver in the art aspect, I loath pictures picked off a wall. If they are not for you that is a mature decision to make. I just do not appreciate the "Jail" comments and so on. Many respectable people have many tattoos that are not trashy or anything of the like.

I just wanted to make clear that I am not down on non-tattoo people, just down on ignorant statements that are offensive to myself and others who are respectable and deserve that respect regardless of material inked in their skin.

Joe

I am not the tattoo and piercing fan I was when I was younger. I made a few "jailhouse style" tatoos (hiya starman!
laugh.gif
) I have the anarchy and peace logo from the english band CR@SS on my forearm, a skeleton crawling through barbed wire on the lower side of my forearm and a toxic waste sign on my bicep. In my earlier days I also tattooed and pierced the body parts of friends of mine. I haven't done any tattooing of piercing of myself or anyone else in about 10 years though.

I still like to ooh and ah over well done ink (which my own pieces are not). I especially like the original polynesian/oceanic islander tattoos, original tribal. Definately it would painful being tattooed with whale bone in the traditional way!

I covered the Tattoo the Earth metal and ink festival a few years ago for Battle Helm Magazine and got to meet & interview some top tattoo artists (as well as bands like Sepultura, Slayer, Nashville Pus... eh, "kitty"). All of them urged me to let them redo my ink after the interviews but I worry too much about saftey/sterile conditions these days.

Back