What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of music do you listen to?

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

What kind of music do you listen to? - Brought to you by grim

• Country/Folk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rap/R&B

• Techno

• Heavy Metal

• Rock/Alternative

• Blues

• Classical/Instrumental

• Reggae

• Jazz

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hi All. Grim would like to know what kind of music you all listen to.

I didn't see my favorite categories up there - New Wave & Disco. Don't laugh! There is at least one other person here that find them appealing!
biggrin.gif

AC/DC,Metallica, Pink floyd, Beatles........ Theres just so much good stuff out there!

I listen to rap, not R n' B but I also listen to Heavy rock of different categories. I voted rap

Joe

I don't see Punk rock... And no, it is NOT an alternative! (I think Bono might stand by that)
laugh.gif

Keeping in mind that I hate mainstream so no Blink 182, Sum 41, Less Than Jake, and other big-money bands etc etc. Only good old bands that live up to their lyrics (Crass, Propagandhi). I hate nowadays MTV in other words.
I also listen to J[apanese]-Rock (Visual Kei), which I find is far from any category listed (OK, it's not exactly in the same pocket as Punk, but it's my japanese blood that does it...). I think this is what freaks Grim out if I remember!
laugh.gif

Amori

love marilyn manson, and shirley manson!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shokuchuu @ Oct. 06 2004,12:47)]I don't see Punk rock
Keeping in mind that I hate mainstream so no Blink 182, Sum 41, Less Than Jake, and other big-money bands etc
wowowowowowow..... WAIT A GOSH DARN MINUTE HERE!!!!!!!!

Ok I Like punk, Emo and ska... Keep in mind less than jake isnt punk, its ska. Also keep in mind that less than jake DESERVE EVERY BIT OF PUBLICITY!!!! Have you ever listened to thier old stuff??? It is good. They have worked so hard to get where they are.

I hate blink 182 and Sum 41's new stuff. Thier old stuff was awesome.

And dont call it punk rock.... *shudder* its PUNK!!!! just PUNK!!!

And I sincerely hope you arent the kind of guy taht trys to dress all "punk"

Also keep in mind that Real punk started and ended in the 80's...
GO RAMONES!

And U2 kicks rear

I voted other,
i listen to any kind of music, as long as i like the song
my favorite song:
Karma Chameleon, by culture club (dont laff, its a great song!!!)
karma karma karma karma karma chameleon!!!
LOL
Hellz

Hey swords, have you ever listed to any of that MegaDeth stuff?

I listen to country(I`m espescialy fond of the Dixie Chicks and ShEdAisY) and a lil` bit of soft rock like Bowling for soup, Cheryl Crow, Averyl Lavein,and that american idol girl(whats her name?)

I didnt vote in the poll, because you can onmly make one choice!
I need at least 3..

Beatles
Cure
Led Zepplin
Pink Floyd
Jah Wobble
Cranes
Indigo Girls
Placebo
Crowded House
The The
Moxie Fruvous
Phish

lots more,
but those are most of my all-time favorites..

single greatest song of all time - "Dont dream its over" Crowded House

Single best album of all time - The Wall, Pink Floyd.

Favorite road trip disks - Phish, Placebo and Cure.
(hey! that was kinda a joke! "Placebo and Cure")
smile_l_32.gif

Country music does not exist in my universe..I have never heard of it.

Scot

I like rap (nwa, geto boys, ice cube), heavy metal (rob zombie, metalica *older stuff*) punk (Green Day favorite), blues (John Lee Hooker).

Well I liek everythign except for rock. So I cant vote.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And dont call it punk rock.... *shudder* its PUNK!!!! just PUNK!!!

I called it Punk "Rock" so people would understand. How much more could a 14 year old (if you really are that age) know about Punk than a 20 year old?? Hm? Hm? Hm?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And I sincerely hope you arent the kind of guy that tries to dress all "punk"

Again, what kind of thing is that to say to a person who lives off of Crass? You wouldn't even guess if you saw me walking down the street. I'm not a poser like many others are. Punk is not a fashion statement, and not even close to a behaviour. I even nag my girlfriend constantly to trash her "punky" clothes. It's a mental state. I don't "do" Punk for fun, I take it seriously.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also keep in mind that Real punk started and ended in the 80's...

Started in the 80's? You've got to be kidding me man! You're forgetting the whole Velvet Underground/Dolls/Iggy/Lou Reed movement in the 60s that gave rise to the Punk we know today. Also Crass was already active by 1979, and unlike the Sex Pistols that sang about Anarchy, they lived up to it... Gosh I hate the Pistols and McLaren so much. If you haven't already done so, read "Please Kill Me".

I don't credit LTJ (you call THAT Ska?) or NUFAN (I know I lumped them into the punk category, but it was just to shun Fat Wreck for terrible judgement to include them into the label) positively at all, along with others like Rancid (they were terrible from the beginning). It's a matter of taste as well. And as much as I used to enjoy the Ramones and The Clash, they just stopped rockin' my socks off because their music was just the typical "Let me tell you a story" format, instead of messages, which I prefer.
All in all, Crass is still the top on my list, and if you don't know enough about them, I suggest you find out. Oh, and I also listen to Anti-Flag from time to time, though not as much as I used to.

If I sounded angry at all I apologise!
laugh.gif

Amori

I voted what I'm currently listening to, but to name a few in no particular order.

Pink Floyd Ted Nugent
Metallica Lynard Skynard
Story of the year Cure
Breaking benjamin Joe Satriani
Mozart Stevie Ray Vaughn
Kenny Chesney-yes since the "brown albulm" FTG
Megadeath Beatles
Guns n' Roses Petra
George Strait Shadows Fall
Beethoven Velvet Revolver
Guardian Disciple
Alan Jackson 12 Stones
Evanessance Eric Clapton
Shinedown Lonestar
Bert Wills Newsboys
Nicole Nordeman 3 Days Grace
Dream Theater Seven Mary Three

Just to name a few
smile.gif

\m/
biggrin.gif
\m/

HEAVY METAL, like Swords said...

I'm a musician, and I listen to pretty much anything with a good amount of skill and thought to it, I love 60's modal jazz, 60's-70's reggae (and now some soundclash, that stuff is crazy) some "classic rock", pretty much anything but techno, rap and "adult pop-contemporary"

But METAL (Manowar, DIO, old megadeth, anthrax, Iron Maiden, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall,Judas Priest, Motorhead- which is more hard rock BTW- pretty much anything with mentions of demons, vikings and power)

I like to listen mostly everyting, but I can't stand country music,  right now my favorite songs are

Annie, Chewing Gum
Bertine Zetlitz, Fake your Beauty
Marilyn Manson, Personal Jesus and Ob...someting Teens
Garbage, Cherry Lips
Korn, can't remember what the song is called.
Planet Funk, Chase the sun
Massive attack, teardrops
Alcazar,this is the world we live in
Robbie Williams, Radio
Margaret Berger, Lifetime ...someting...
Scent, up & down
Madonna, most of her songs, especially I like Vogue, Beautifull stranger , Hollywood and Ray of light

some of my favorite bands/artist also includet U2, Kent, The Hives, Maria Mena, Dandy warhols, Rammstein plus some more I can't remember right now.

Back