What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of camera do you use?

• Thread starter 123dhs
  • Start date
I use a Canon Powershot A95, its really nice and I'm still learning how to use it. Anyone else have this camera? If not what do you use and all accesories used for taking pics of your plants? Anyone recomend books on photographing plants? Thanks
David

I use an Olympus C-770 UZ I just ordered a set of macro filters for it actually and they should be here any day now. The total power of the set is +17 diopters which is great for Utric and Drosera! The set has one lens +7 and the other is +10 diopters. Soooo, on top of that the cam has a super macro of 3cm focusing range, so this should yield some very interesting results!!!

I just got a NIKON COOLPIX 8700 digital camera for christmas. No lenses or filters. But, I love the camera. It comes with a TIME LAPSE feature and I'm going to town with it!
biggrin.gif

My "main" camera is an Olympus OM-1n.
great camera! love it..

OM1n18f.jpg

my digital camera is a Kodak DC4800.
its getting a bit old now, and may be replaced soon,
but I have a ton of digital cameras I can borrow from work, so there isnt a big hurry on that.

dc4800lar.jpg

those are the 2 cameras I use the most..
but I also have old friends that get dragged out once in awhile:
My Grandfather's Leica Model F from 1935.
still a favorite:
01.jpg

My Kodak Model 1A from 1925..I have to cut my own film for it, but it still works fine..
No1AAKS-1.jpg

plus about a dozen other old cameras..most of which dont work..
My all-time favorite camera is my dearly departed Canon ElanIIe..
the motor drive died about 8 years ago, and I havent got it fixed yet..
smile_h_32.gif

Eos50_02.GIF

for years, I have been thinking about getting a Canon Elan7..but havent done it yet..
the Olympus works great..so no real need for a new camera, just the desire..

but..instead of the Film Canon Elan7, I might get a Canon Digital Rebel, or Kodak's upcoming equivalent.. sometime in the next 5 years or so..

For CP photography, and close-up photography, I used close-up filters (lenses really) on the Olympus..

We bought a Canon D30 digital SLR from a fellow orchid trader a couple years ago.  Then we sold all our old favorites to pay for it and lenses and an EOS 5 body so we could still use film.  I previously was a Pentax screw mount buff, mounting lenses on an old Ricoh body.  I also had a Fujica G-690BL medium format camera.  My wife originally started with Pentax K-mount gear and was moving into Nikon.  That's all gone now.  We still haven't bought the real short lens I want for plants because the last of our camera sale proceeds went for new couch and chair cushions.

I currently use a Olyumpus C-750UZ.  It takes great Macro stuff but the 10x (equivelent to a 360 mm lens) is my favorite capability.

This is a pic I took at an air show of a P-51 Mustang, a F-15 and a F-16 loitering at 10,000 feet while waiting to make their low pass up the beach...  very rare to get a pic of these three planes in the same frame.  Not the best quality but not too bad considering it was taken hand held from over two miles away.
a_P_51_F_15_F_16.sized.jpg
 Luv that P-51.

I have a ten year old Pentax "super program" that I am thinking of selling...a motor drive and lots of lenses.  How would I go about finding out its' value?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ Jan. 13 2005,6:21)]I have a ten year old Pentax "super program" that I am thinking of selling...a motor drive and lots of lenses.  How would I go about finding out its' value?
I use ebay as a tool to determine value on things!
do a search for the item in question,
then click on "completed items" to see auctions that have recently ended..
that gives you a rough idea of what people are willing to pay for things..

using that process, I found:

Pentax 'Super Program' Camera w/2 Lenses, Flash & Bag
sold for $120.

and a camera with one 50mm lens sold for $73..

sounds about right..
of course, the value of your whole collection could be more depending on the lenses and motor drive..
but I would count on $75 for the camera itself, then go from there..

Scot

I currently have a canon T80. Great camera. (canon's first AF camera) I've been wanting to get the Elan7n/ne for a while and i'd KILL for a Leica M7. I've had my eyes on the Canon 20D for a while now and it'll probably be my next camera.

My main camera is a Sony F717, also have a Canon A75 for the non artistic photos
smile_m_32.gif
My friend just bought the A95 and she loves it! Oooh, I wish the A75 had the flip-out screen!

Back