What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this yellow thing?

upper

Capensis Killer
aassas.jpg

i was repotting my drosera pot today and
i found it in my peat bag, which i left in my garage. i'm too scared to pot my drosera in this now.

fungus of some sort

is it safe to use? and how can it be fungus? its super dry, i didnt know fungus can grow in super dry no humidity place.

I have the same thing. It's not effecting my ventratas much. but then again, I guess droseras are more vulnerable.

theres prolly more moisture in there than you realize.........yeah its fine to use......its just eating up some sort of organic matter in the peat

so its not dangerous?

I'm pretty sure it's not.

its not eggs.....ive seen it before but it was in a potting soil and not pure peat........im 99% sure its a fungus and am 99% sure its harmless.......it was growing in a terrarium i had for awhile, when it ate up all of whatever food source it likes it was gone for good....never harmed anything......most fungi are pretty specific on what they eat......this one is eating something in the peat and likely wont be interested in live plant roots or leaves

It's the flood! Activate the ring!

Back