What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what is this exactly?

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
..................why would it develop?..............how to get rid of it?................

IMG_0594.jpg

It is a fungus. Not too detrimental, just really ugly. Wipe it down. Spray with a dilute fungicide if you really feel like it.

suppose the regular dilute sulfer is the best plan of attack? most of the other fungicides i looked at i couldnt pernounce so i grabbed the sulfer stuff figuring it might be less likely to tweak out the Utrics...............

Looks like powdery mildew, less humidity and a little more air movement might help. Usually one species is more prone to getting this. Your sulfur should take care of the problem though. Where do you grow these guys ? Basement terrarium ?

open topped 10 gal aquarium in the basement.................should be getting plenty of air circulation and no excessive humidity...........

If you're looking for a natural solution, you could try cinnamon. I've used it with success to fight mild fungal infections on a few orchids. Never on CPs though.

Back