What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is that thing!

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I just found this thing on my D. Aliciae. Can anyone help me out? I definately don't want to find out that it isn't supposed to be there.

Worm%201.JPG

Worm%202.JPG

I can't see the pic that well, but it sort of looks like a maggot or an inchworm? Since maggots don't really eat plants, just decayed animals, but it doesn't look anything like a inchworm or caterpillar. If you have a higher res pic, i could probably tell.

Edit: whatever that is, get rid of it, you have holes in your leaves if you haven't noticed before
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I never got rid of it because it was COVERED in dew, could not move, and when I checked on it a few minutes ago the leaf is curling around itself in hunger! LOL

Feed it to a nep instead. I would bet it was a small slug, as i have seen slugs like that in my collection. They were killed by my plants though. It really sucsk that there are holes in the sundew though.

Well that was PhiranaP's comment... as far as I can tell there are none... just lots leaves curled over slime and poop and the such that were left behind... and then there is the one with the "thing". My sundew had a hayday! the leave is starting to roll over it'self.

Back