What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What flytraps cannot trap?

Wow that's an old post haha, sorry

Last edited:
Yea Dr. No trap is one of the trapless vars their is another one called 'rose' something or other that has no traps either... I don't find it exciting to see a VFT with no Traps maybe thats just my pet peeve lol
I think some look cool, but I really have no interest in growing a Venus Fly TRAP that can't trap. As for trapless types, not sure I see the point. Maybe it's something vegetarians would be comfortable growing? :p

What exactly is the point of this "VFT" ???
I agree. And I don't think they are very popular for that reason.

According to a vendor of VFTs who was talking about these on his forum, alien actually is a surprisingly successful hunter, it closes so slowly that bugs don't realize that there's a problem until it is way too late
That made me do a real "LOL"! That is quite an interesting bit of information!

Wow that's an old post haha, sorry

Nothing wrong with posting on this, as the topic is still relevant. I started this thread anyway and I say it's alright. :D

According to a vendor of VFTs who was talking about these on his forum, alien actually is a surprisingly successful hunter, it closes so slowly that bugs don't realize that there's a problem until it is way too late

Actually I've found that to be the case with my alien. but you have to let it happen naturally for the bug to be unsuspecting, if you drop a bug in the trap it panicks and the trap is to slow...2

Back