What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you guys think about these two commercials?

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date
We need windmills, they are the best option because they have no waste and don't hurt wild life, then we can go eletric cars. Hydrogen is also a good option but again, the first thing we need to do is move to using windmils for enegry because we need to us that power to make pure hydrogen in the first place. I just noticed that everyone here thinks that manmade global warming is fake. Why does every one think it is completely made up? You can't be completely sure that we aren't changing the process of climate change or speed it up because why haven't been here long enough to know the entire cycle of the earths climate change or if it even is a cycle. We don't know either way for certain that we are or aren't changing the effects of global warming.

I think man may be speeding up the cycle of climate change, but I do not think we are changing it drastically and making animals die like some people would have us belive...
I also would absolutely love if we start taking advantage of technology to make better windmills and soloar panels to supply more and more energy.

Turning food into fuel is about the most idiotic idea our country has come up with in a LONG time. :-))
Agreed lol :-)) Even though alot of my relatives are corn farmers and are doing pretty well of that idea...

We need windmills, they are the best option because they have no waste and don't hurt wild life, then we can go eletric cars. Hydrogen is also a good option but again, the first thing we need to do is move to using windmils for enegry because we need to use that power to make pure hydrogen in the first place. I just noticed that everyone here thinks that manmade global warming is fake. Why does every one think it is completely made up? You can't be completely sure that we aren't changing the process of climate change or speed it up because why haven't been here long enough to know the entire cycle of the earths climate change or if it even is a cycle. We don't know either way for certain that we are or aren't changing the effects of global warming.

Windmills can supplement the power supply, but they cannot be relied upon as a primary source of energy.

As to why I think "man made" global warming is a complete scam/hoax, there are a number of reasons. Some of them include:

Human nature of some people wanting to feel good about making a difference at something. Anything. They want to believe.

There are people (self-important blow hards), organizations, governments, etc that want to use it as a vehicle for control over other people (this sounds conspiratorial, but it's absolutely true). They have something to gain (organizations, governments) or they simply like telling other people what they can and can't do. This is a BIG one.

Inconclusive evidence and correlation does not always equal causation. The Earth has cooled and warmed many times throughout the history of the planet. This is not necessarily any different than any other point in history. Inconsistent findings. Inconsistent testing devices (ever seen the state of disarray some of the NOAA temperature stations are in and WHERE they are located?).

The Earth has apparently COOLED by 0.7° in the past year despite CO2 levels increasing.

There are misconceptions that many seem to have about the science of climatology. Many simply jump on a bandwagon without knowing any better or reading a single scientific article or about the mechanisms found in nature.

Windmills can supplement the power supply, but they cannot be relied upon as a primary source of energy.

As to why I think "man made" global warming is a complete scam/hoax, there are a number of reasons. Some of them include:

Human nature of some people wanting to feel good about making a difference at something. Anything. They want to believe.

There are people (self-important blow hards), organizations, governments, etc that want to use it as a vehicle for control over other people (this sounds conspiratorial, but it's absolutely true). They have something to gain (organizations, governments) or they simply like telling other people what they can and can't do. This is a BIG one.

Inconclusive evidence and correlation does not always equal causation. The Earth has cooled and warmed many times throughout the history of the planet. This is not necessarily any different than any other point in history. Inconsistent findings. Inconsistent testing devices (ever seen the state of disarray some of the NOAA temperature stations are in and WHERE they are located?).

The Earth has apparently COOLED by 0.7° in the past year despite CO2 levels increasing.

There are misconceptions that many seem to have about the science of climatology. Many simply jump on a bandwagon without knowing any better or reading a single scientific article or about the mechanisms found in nature.

Uhhh how old are you before I respond properly??

:D

Well, global warming could be a scam to get us off fosil fuels because nobody is listening that we don't have an endless supply of fosil fuels and we need to change our ways of getting it before we run out so we don't enter some energy crisis or something.

*I am 14 and turning 15 on July 9th if anyone needs to know before the respond.

Oh, also can they make windmils catch currents to? Like have one above the water catching wind and some below to catch currents, like placing them in the gulf stream. (is the gulf stream really a fast current?) From certain studies it seems the water placed windmils will help aquatic animals and certain tourists attarctions. I believe that marine animals move in making the area rich with small creatures that will bring whales for better whale watcing trips. (also the entire animal move in might ruin my under water current catching thing as a good idea.)

Uhhh how old are you before I respond properly??

:D

As if it matters (some of the most idiotic and delusional people I've met in my life were very much my elder), it's in my public profile, 26. Exactly what difference does that make? Please spare me any condescension.

Back