What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What can I do?

• Thread starter RyanG
  • Start date
I am wandering what can I do to help preserve CPs?

like preserve pitchers for example on sarracenia? some people use salt. one member put a tropical pitcher plant pitcher in a bag with salt. he cleaned out the pitcher and filled it to the brim with salt. he then put it in a container also filled with salt....i dont know what he did after that though but the pitcher completly dried out and retained its form.
Alex

I believe he means preserve the bogs.....

Uhh.... donate to NASC!

oh....duh. its in the conservation forum. :blush: :crap: yea what JLAP said! Donate! participate in this summers HUGE Benefit Auction. Give Bugweed PlantAKiss or 0zzy a line. theyll answer everything!
Alex

yea NASC works... great and productive way to do it... do it now!

I would donate if I had money :(

When I'm 18 and my parents give me an allowance to live on in college i'll donate some.

Reg, you can do a lot. I see that you live in Florida. First we need to eliminate all the snowbirds from Florida starting with Niki.

Seriously, you can go out and look for cp's. When you find them, try to locate the land owner and in a very nice way inform the land owner what they have on their property. Offer to work with the owner to preserve the site. Watch the site for signs of development and if the land is going to be developed you can try to organize a rescue.

You can also become a member of NASC and you can do this on the behalf ofNASC.
If really want to join NASC send me a PM and I'll be glad to talk to you about it.

Watch out for shotguns :)

JustLikeAPill//

me too! it gonna take 6 or 7 years 'till i go to college

Back