What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What can co-exist...

Flying geckos eat crickets and mealworms, etc, and have a temp range of 82-88 day and 74-78 night. they like humidity. they are going in my terrarium, and i was wondering if i could put something else in too. the terrarium also has the bottom filled with water, maybe 30 gallons, with little fish. is there anything that can live on the land or in the water and not harm the geckos or the fish? it is a 70 gallon tank with lots of hide space, so fighting over space isnt a problem.

I would suggest sending a PM to my buddy, Elgecko, who has some experience with "lizards". If I remember correctly, the flying geckos are small. are they docile? Then I think House Geckos would be okay. The chameleons / anoles commonly sold in petshops should be okay. Small skinks should be okay. At least diet and environmental conditions would be similar.

I used to work for a tropical fish wholesaler and we had all manner of lizards, amphibians, etc... which means I took basic care of them. Unfortunately, they were all kept in separate tanks, so I don't know how they would interact with one another. The ones I suggested are small and were treated as having the same diet.

Small diurnal lizards such as the anoles and house geckos that Jim sugested will do good with your Ptychozoons (flying geckos). Some of the small froest agamids from southeast asia would work as well, (if you can find a source).

Jim, Ptychozoons Are small about 5-6 inchs total lenght, and docile.

Photo op....
gecko14%204-7-03.jpg

Gecko02%204-7-03.jpg

i can't go with out showing the baby pics
002%20gecko.jpg

Good luck,
Chris

Back