What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your views and opinions?

I know, Schloaty. But I was referring to most of the population.

Darla is wonderful to work for and is one of the best boss's ive had in awhile. she is fair but if you dont pull your weight she will throw you out on you rear. course she has always been "one of the guys". she goes out drinking, fishing and hunting with me and my buddys. she also likes beating the snot out of my lil bro when he is being a pain(he is twice her size, hell he is bigger than me even if he is 9 years younger).

Schoalty, all female units huh? never thought about that. after carefull consideration i think its an excellent idea. for that one week every month they would be the most destructive force the military has ever seen....... *ducks for cover*

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]for that one week every month they would be the most destructive force the military has ever seen....... *ducks for cover*

Oh, that's just so WRONG!
smile_n_32.gif

ROFLMAO!

My personal observations, and those of my wife from her time working in a company of mostly women, indicate that a woman's biggest problem in the office is having a female manager.

Rattler, Darla sounds exactly like me.

Actually, Schloaty, that's not wrong. That's totally right.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ May 12 2005,7:10)]Solution: All female units.
That should strike fear into your very marrow!!!!!!! Men tend to use brute force to accomplish something. ie. They tend to be more straight forward in how they deal with a situation. Women on the other hand have had to addapt to dealing with situations were they are "out gunned" physically. They have had to learn how to out-think an opponent and avoid direct physical conflict. ie. They are devious!! I think those of us that are married wil know what I mean
smile_s_32.gif
And yeah rattler, the once a month thing doesn't help us poor guys
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Men AREN'T from Mars, nor are Women from Venus!

Yeah, and neither are Venus Flytraps! ... Insensative clods!

Sorry, I didn't have something profound to add, but I couldn't help myself.
smile_n_32.gif

........Good point!!

Well isn't this a can of worms. I think the whole Mom in the workforce is a double edged sword. I think that promotion should be base completely on performance and nothing else. In other words, the job should go to the most qualified canidate regardless of gender or race. With that being said, we now have almost an entire generation gaining their values from day care providers and school teachers. Traditionally it was the female in a relationship that instilled values in children, and probably a good thing to as I'm not so sure I would want my children taking on many of my habits. Now with many Moms entering the workforce and placing the children in daycare, the majority of the child's day is filled by contact from what amounts to a complete stranger. Kid's between the ages of 1 and 4 developing many of the social skills and values they will cary with them for the rest of their lives. If your ok with a daycare provider having more influence on your child than you, then I say go for it. Personally I would rather have my wife making these decisions as would she. I don't think there is enough emphasis placed on the value of having a parent greet a child when they get out of school.

OK fire away.........
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cindy @ May 12 2005,7:19)]The point is, women ask for equal rights. Not to be equal to men. I have no problem with being the weaker sex, not being able to do heavy lifting and exert brute force. Men are just physically stronger and we can't change the fact. I know that 'cos I was flung across the room when my husband pushed me. For fun!! lol
I wouldnt say women are the weaker sex...........boys are badly singled out if they are not the 'typical' sporty type, esspecially in England.
And I cant even kick a ball!
smile_l_32.gif

As a result I dont get on with a lot of boys because of my gentle nature and very bad sports skills

Yes starman but you will be emplying them one day
smile.gif

I think that one parent (does not matter which) should stay home until kindergarden. I mean if you "want kids" you had better want a family and put in the work that is nessicary. So a 5-year hiatus from the career is fine.
Oh and being physically equal does not matter in this day an age with guns and all. Oh and I particually enjoy the equal rights thing but when you get into it no one really wants to be equal. That would result in communism (except it would leave out the economic part). Affrimitive action and all that does make it unequal so I must thank Bakke for bringing that to the Supreme Courts attention.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ May 13 2005,5:55)]Oh and I particually enjoy the equal rights thing but when you get into it no one really wants to be equal.  That would result in communism (except it would leave out the economic part).  Affrimitive action and all that does make it unequal so I must thank Bakke for bringing that to the Supreme Courts attention.
Being equal means being invisible. It means no one is obligated to care about you over anyone else in the slightest. I have a feeling there are a number of people out there seeking equality (who may possibly already have it but don't recognize it... not expecting it to feel so anticlimactic) who couldn't bear to actually live an invisible existence. They'll gradually and painfully have to figure out they can't have equality and special treatment/recognition at the same time.

I do not object to women having the same jobs as men, but i would think that some jobs would hinder women because of anatomical differences.

IE:
Soldier,
Blacksmith,
Construction worker,
The things that require a lot of muscle, as women have naturally don't have as much muscle as men.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]IE: Soldier, Blacksmith, Construction worker

Just as a side note i.e. (id est); means "that is," e.g. (exempli gratia) means "for example". Just in case you meant to use one instead of the other, and as I see a lot of people mixing this one up, just thought I'd mention.
Anyway, the point is that more than just strength is involved in those professions. A soldier needs to have a head on his shoulders, a female blacksmith could be much better than a male one due to differences in technique, and so on. While it is true that the strongest male is stronger than the strongest female, and the fastest male is faster than the fastet female, those things really have little relevance in terms of profession: if your job requires muscles, then both a man and a woman will grow stronger. Saying a man is a better choice for a job just because he could potentially be stronger than a femal is a flawed system.
In any case, I'm all for equal opporatunity and everything, but overzealous feminists kinda drive me wild (as do overzealous anythings,) as I'd rather have someone chew out a discriminating employer than me for saying "girl" instead of "young woman." Meh, that's all I've got for now.
smile_m_32.gif

Women aren't necessarily always the weaker sex. Sure, we naturally don't have as much muscle mass as men, but we CAN. All a woman has to do is work out and become stronger and she can do jobs a man can do. It's called TRYING.

I work out every day, and as a result, there are probably alot of boys I could beat up, and alot of dangerous situations I could probably get out of now as opposed to a year ago. Females don't NATURALLY have as much muscle mass as males, but that doesn't mean they CAN'T have as much muscle mass as males.

Back