What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are theses flea-like critters?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
002-2.jpg

001-4.jpg

the bottom one looks like a springtail?

Agree on the bottom one.

Ummm....I have to say, they look more like thrips to me.
Conserve Sc will rid them quickly and safely. (if that is what they are)
Thrips tend to leave "shiny" spots on the leaves where they have chewed, and small dark specks where they have deposited what they have chewed and digested.
I do not see whitefly from the pics, they always have very white wings, kinda mothy looking under a lens.

disagree. thrips have fringed wings. very distinct that even at that magnification the critter on the top pic right side would be easily identified if it were a thrips. wings are clearly membranous. and not fringed
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/i...Ptq7VKFycVnIFyLmEkltlspvMvX5unqbWEgEs0EP8H8_g

however alternative to whitefly could be a tiny parasitic wasp. family mymaridae based on the greatly reduced veins on that wing. I just cant see if there is one or 2 pairs and that would clinch things for third possibility

Can Neem take care if them?

I have used Spinosad to get rid of springtails as imidacloprid wasn't working on them. Not sure about the whitefly.

PS just read an article that says that neem works on them. Kills the nymphs on direct contact.

LOL! I inherited them from a CP group meeting...

Back