What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are these bugs??

I keep seeing these little beetle looking bugs on my windowsill. They are 1-2mm and are kindof round. Under their shells they have wings and they fly. They are orange to brown in color. They have black-ish zigzag markings on their shells. Their underside is a whitish gray color. Most of them are in the track that the window slides on to open, but some are on the windowsill. Most of them are dead, but some are alive. They crawl around slowly but they can fly pretty fast. They are like ladybugs in shape, but are much smaller. What are these? Are they harmful in any way to my plants by the window? My sundew has no dew so it can't catch them and I'm worried that they could be harmful to my plants.

I'm pretty sure I have what you're describing in one of my windows as well. They haven't done any noticable damage to anything.

I think I know what bug you're talking about. No worries, if I think it's the bug your talking about, you should be fine. I've actually fed my Ventrata a few of them.
Any pics of the dead ones to confirm it?

Yah that one at Bugguide.net is it I think. They are too small to take a picture of with a camera. They've always been there and I never thought about them until I put my plants in the window and thought, "What if these are those pests in the books?"

Back