What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wet, wet, wet, wet, wet........

• Thread starter Kate
  • Start date

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
I like rain, really I do, I also someday hope to have river-front propery, however; when the rain is causing the river to be in your house.. that is a BAD thing!

Though an extrodinary string of various small household maintanence problems all happening at once (cracked foundation, someone unplugging the sump-pump, neighbours birch trees rooting through the weeping tile.. the list goes on...) We have spent 3 of the last 4 weeks with our apparntment underwater.

The good news, we are alright and the computer is dry and working again. Bad news, the kitchen still isn't back together totaly and the list of things we need to replace is growing very long, fortunately, none of the plants are on that list!

I am back again, sorry to everyone that pm'd me and I missed it, and to those who were expecting to hear from me.

Sorry to hear that your whole apartment flooded. It just got done raining pretty hard here today but definately not that hard! Good to hear your computer and plants are alright though. My basement floods a lot and the whole basement is completely ruined now, it used to be so cool and now it's all moldy and ew. My parents don't have the time to fix it either. I hope your apartment gets all fixed up and nice again!

Nice to have you back
smile.gif
~Niki~

Welcome back Kate! And BTW, We all wished ya a happy birthday.

Yup! We did! Glad you are well Maehem. Is the little one doing good too? We got the coldest spring I have ever seen in California and the plants hated it for the most part. Didn't even slow the oreophila down, but a big majority just sent up phyllodes. Since your back, I suspect all will be better.

well thank you for the happy B-days, sorry I missed them. My birthday was spent keeping my daughter occupied everywhere but the apartment, which at that point was still under about 2 inches of water with more on the way in from the newly (at that point) discovered crack in the foundation behind the kitchen wall! What fun!

No really, dispite the water, I had a good birthday got two new neps and we went to the zoo.

As for the apartment, it's comming together, though we may be moving as it looks like all of the interior walls will need to be replaced soon <sigh> who wants to pack for me?
smile_n_32.gif

Ahh Kate- I was getting kinda worried about you, actually. after the last contact where you mentioned having to "go take care of stuff" and that I should expect to hear from you in a week from then...
Glad to know you are okay, and glad to see you back here, sorry for the attack of the soggies, though, I hear a lot abou tthe flooding out there on the news and keep forgetting that I actually know folks who are dealing with it.
Might want to bring an altimiter with you when house hunting, look for a nice high-ground location
biggrin.gif

Hi Kate.
smile.gif

We missed you around here. Sorry to hear about your problems. I know all about water/flood damage. I had to replace my boiler and replace a part on my water heater from the floodwaters of hurricane Gaston. Big bucks and a huge mess. I never realized things could float around so much in your basement. lol

I hope things settle down for you. Good to see you back.
smile.gif

and now we might have the remnants of Cindy zeroing in on us. And the next one is supposed to take a similar track
confused.gif

They named a tropical storm after our beloved Moderator? How rude!

I told you my duct-tape-splorrrk Kate-call would work!

Back