What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western new york state cp growers

Due to the lack of any CP societies in the western NY area, I'm interested in creating an informal list of contacts around here.  It would provide a local resource for all involved, and lead to the mutual advancement of our collections.  It could allow for the sharing of information particular to our often challenging climate, exchange of reagents in a crisis (RO or distilled water if your unit breaks, insecticides, fungicides),  sharing of literature, or providing seedlings (I never need all I grow from ICPS seed packs).  It wouldn't require anything more than an email address, and you could interact as much or as little as you wished.  I personally live in Rochester (Brighton), and I look forward to hearing from anyone in the area.  You can PM me, or email cp@therayfamily.net

I am in Oswego, just North of Syracuse.  Count on me for any assistance I can offer.

Alexandria Bay, NY Jefferson county, North of Watertown. I will assist in any way possible email me at buddhabear@gisco.net to furth discuss anything. Welcome!
smile.gif

Of course, this sort of thing would pop up just a couple weeks before I move out of the area.
I'm from Niagara Falls.
I still would be interested in hearing about it though, (many of my plants will still be in New York anyways - my mom won't give them back, lol). My email is elfrijolesestupidos@yahoo.com

Hey, I'm down south (near NYC)...Don't know if that counts....but I would be happy to help out if there's something I can do.

Teraphage, Good ideas. I've said this before but didn't get much of a response, but I'll do it again. There are alot of cp growers around the Great Lakes. Why don't we start a Great Lakes cp society. There are alot of growers in MI and as you saw quite a few in NY. What do you guys think.
I'm not that far from you, I'll be glad to help out with what ever group you put together.

I think it would be a GREAT idea myself. Have a meeting somewhere like 1 time every month or something to that degree. I would love to bring some plants to show and give away or trade! It seems that more people are popping up in NE nowadays. So exciting!

Hi guys, i was just wondering how far you are from Providence, RI. That's where the NECPS usually meets, and i think if you could arrange to carpool it would be worth your coming out to attend meetings. Just a thought - we're always looking for new members to expand our horizons.

Good luck getting something together!

Cheers

Teraphage,
Did you get an email list together?
if so, please add me to it!
im also in Rochester, (Greece to be specific)
please use:
sscotsman@yahoo.com
for me.
thanks!
Scot

Fixed your email buddy.
wink.gif

Back