What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well shoot

So I was doing some decorating for Halloween, and I accidentally broke the growth tip off of a basal shoot on my nepenthes...can it recover or am I out of luck there. I'm feeling like a big dumb because of it.

Unless the damage is worse than average, there is a good chance the basal will be fine. I wouldn't worry yet. If a nep is healthy it can recover pretty well from damage.

It is fairly healthy, been growing like a monster the last few months, just slowed up recently I think because of season changes.

Edit:
I should also note that upon further inspection it has definitely outgrown the pot it's in. I know this is a terrible time to repot, but hey, I got it to flower last month living in Colorado. And I have only had it a year or so. Got it nearly dead and marked down about 50% off.

Woohoo, so instead of starting a new thread about this same incident, i thougght i would add that i saw a slow down in the neps growth, and was worried, then i noticed a new growth tip starting wherer i had broken the other one off on accident. YAY PLANTS

Back