What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, it's no match

But, here's MY best nep shot.  This N. Coccinea has improved dramatically since I stuck it outside. Now it's a nectar producing fiend!

Take a look.

N_CoccineaPeristome.jpg

SF

Very nice color ;>

I had a N. khasiana on my West windowsill for a while and it kept leaving sticky puddles of goo wherever a pitcher was hanging!

Tony

Holy Cow, SF!!! That looks fantastic! It's a nice photo and a healthy, beautiful plant. Great work!

Capslock

Definitely amazing. If you have any more photos, feel free to post them - I'm sure many people would like to see.
smile.gif

I've got to admit, you've really outdone yourself this time SF
laugh.gif
My coccinea hasn't been that red in a while
biggrin.gif

Thank you all! Really, the plant has loved the South Florida sunshine!

SF

Nice plant Falcon.  Mine is slightly variegated in color and the interior is also.  It is getting huge...close to three feet from tip to bottom of lowest pitcher.  The wind last night tore one pitcher off and knocked over my recently transplanted Filaformas Red seedling...it blew about thirty knots.  
smile.gif

Did you get any wind up there?

It was pretty windy the whole day yesterday and it rained alot too, but no damage (thank goodness).

SF

Beautiful trap! That's as dark as they get. How much sun are you giving it?

Trent

It's in a hanging basket outside. It gets sun from about noon to sunset or about 5-6 hours direct sunlight. Since I moved it out there a few weeks ago, pitcher size has increased dramatically, and the leaves are much smaller, thicker and more colorful. There was a little bit of sun-spotting on older leaves, but the new ones are coming out bright green with a red stripe down the middle.

SF

Very beautiful coloration. I hope mine will look like that one day. Still in the slow growing stage.

Back