What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well i wasnt expecting this reaction.....

been working with my plants today, mainly repoting some of the larger Utrics and my H. minor. also repoted a couple neps including the jac. x izumae which has sprouted a good 6 inches in the last two months since its moving to the vining stage. anyways since my plants are in the large laundry room my wife was going in and out while i was working and i mentioned i was going to have to do something as some of my Neps were out growing their 2(w)x4(l)x3(t) foot growing area. she suggested that i just make a greenhouse in the room and bloock out a 4x8 foot section and screen it in with plastic all the way up to the joists.............guess ive got another project
smile_n_32.gif

I would be completly shocked if my wife ever made a suggestion like that. I had to fight my way to get a little closet area to use as a lighted growing area; and, the only way I got that was by promising that all the CPs would be out of all the windows. Anyways, sounds like you got a nice, sanctioned project!

xvart.

when we bought the house last spring i informed the wife that the laundry room minus the space taken up by the washer and dryer was going to be mine. being that this put most of my plants out of site of the general public she was happy to agree. especially since in the old house they took up half the kitchen
smile_n_32.gif

I took a walk in closet, lined all fourwalls, the ceiling and the floor with plastic. Then over the plastic I lined the walls and ceiling with aluminium. I made a homemade humidifier. It turned out to be the best lowland grow area I ever had.

I even added geckos and anoles.

I had a room in the basement dedicated to my plants - and a couple of sanctioned (well presented) tanks around the house. Now that I have the greenhouse, she has deemed that I can share my room in the basement.
mad.gif

Now I have NO rooms in the whole house that are mine. They're ALL hers, and I just get to pay rent.
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Oct. 22 2006,7:31)]Now I have NO rooms in the whole house that are mine. They're ALL hers, and I just get to pay rent.
smile_h_32.gif
Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

xvart.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Oct. 22 2006,5:31)]I had a room in the basement dedicated to my plants - and a couple of sanctioned (well presented) tanks around the house. Now that I have the greenhouse, she has deemed that I can share my room in the basement.
mad.gif

Now I have NO rooms in the whole house that are mine. They're ALL hers, and I just get to pay rent.
smile_h_32.gif
And then they don't understand when we start seeing someone on the side! I don't know why.

"I swear, I'm only seeing her for purely horticultural reasons, honey!"
Just doesn't cut it nowadays. Then when you ask for some more space they get all emotional on you and think you're talking about splitting up.

confused.gif
Dang shame, it is.

I once wanted more space but finally realized I'm not ambitious enough to take advantage of it.  So I have hangers in some windows plus the 1 1/2 x 4 ft area on top of the TV & stereo stand.  That's more than enough room since I got rid of most of my orchids.

I've heard you know you're getting old when you don't care where your spouse is going, as long as you don't need to go too.  The horticultural equivalent is that you don't care how many plants your spouse wants, as long as you don't have to take care of them.

Back