What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, I have very random ques.

Hello.
Do you guys know what SASE is?
I can't figure it out... what it is...
Also, how I do it?
Thanks.

S(self)A(addressed)S(stamped)E(envelope).  You address an envelope to yourself and put a stamp on it.  You send it to the person who requests it, and they send seeds or whatever back to you on your postage and your effort to address it.  It's a nice thing to do to get something from the generous person who offers it without their incurring postage expense and the time to address it to you.  Hope this helps, and I hope you get good stuff!
biggrin.gif

SASE is a self stamped addressed envelope. You post an envelope with your name and address and a stamp on it to whoever you are trading with and they will send you back what you have asked for in that envelope. That way you pay the postage and not the person making the offer.

If you are in a different country to the person making the offer you then need an IRC (international reply coupon) instead of an SASE because your stamps will not be legal tender in their country. You buy IRCs from your post office, it is form CN01 no matter where in the world you buy it. You then post your address and the IRC to the person you are trading with. Just make sure the post office stamp the form because it is invalid without a post office stamp.

Edit---JBL beat me to it
smile.gif

Great international update Indy...now back to the weather
smile_m_32.gif

Thanks very much everyone who answered my question. It finally solved my curiosity!

There is also a pinned topic that explains it but for some reason, pinned topics get overlooked.

Back