What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, i guess the curled leaf won't be the last of

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
Well, I last looked at the same adelae that curled a leaf that I noted in the post "What the--?!" and I saw a double leaf!!! It's all one leaf from the base up, but then it splits all the way at the tip! Wierd looking... Also, one of it's other leaves caught a lovebug
wow.gif
Except it can't eat it... it's just dangling off of the tip of the leaf by three legs. Anyways, I'm beginning to think this little adelae is doing all this on purpose... you know, trying to outdo the other one? Here's a list of wierd happenings that this adelae has done:

1) It produced absolutely NO dew for months after I got it from Lowe's, even though the other one, sitting right next to it, looked like a diamond-studded thing
2) it suddenly started producing TONS of dew, even more than the other
3) it curled a leaf over a piece of cheese, while the other didn't
4) It caught a big lovebug
5) it produced a double leaf

Wierd... The plants are evolving! THE PLANTS ARE EVOLVING TO OUTDO EACHOTHER!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FlytrapGurl @ Aug. 29 2003,10:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wierd... The plants are ! THE PLANTS ARE TO OUTDO EACHOTHER!!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
wow.gif
alien.gif
rolleyes.gif
That was a good one, but that really is bizarre...
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

***cocks head***

I don't... get it... the editing... the joke...
confused.gif

maybe if you used that leaf as a cuting the progeny would retain that trait ,oh how cool that would be.

Back