What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome visitor

I discovered this spider on one of my dormant pitcher plants. I decided to take a few pictures of him and he was moving up and down the pitcher. If anybody could id this spider (Wolf spider, maybe?) I would appreciate it. Here are the pictures.

P1050927.jpg

P1050942.jpg

P1050956.jpg

Great photos Dewy! I don't know what kind of spider it is though.

Try the website "What's that Bug?". I ID a lot critters there. Great website.

i'd vote no on a wolf spider...it has no stripe
also, the last leg segment does not seem narrow enough

then again i could be wrong

Dang dude, I didn't know they had turantulas in NC...Spiders are awesome, but they're still kind of scary...Reminds me of when I went down to eastern Oregon. I lifted up this rock and there was this huge female black widow. Your Photos are really nice. Definatley National Geographic Material...seriously, I bet you could get those photos published in there.

Thats not a T guys! lol Its some kind of Jumping spider. Im not good with spider species though sorry.

Quick kill it before it lays it's horrible, horrible eggs in our hair!

Aww but you know its so cute JLAP!

arachnoboards.com they can ID it for you if you really want to know. They have a Page especialy for True Spiders.

Keep her around, she may be looking for somewhere to build a nest for her young...
I found these in the Fakahatchee Strand in South Florida.

wolf_young.jpg

This was mom, she was right next to the nest but I could not get a good photo with her and the nest in the same frame.

wolf_sp.jpg

It was a Clamshell orchid she has choose for her favorite place to raise the kids..

clamshell3.jpg

Sweet dreams, you may have hundreds of those little buggers in no time.....

Back