What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weird leaves

Hi there I've been gone at a ski camp for the last 2 weeks and when i came back the new leaves on my flytrap we curled. like you know how when they first come up from the growth point the part of the leaf that becomes the trap is pressed against the leaf "stem". well, mine are curling so that they are pointing backwards perpendicular to the stem. I was wondering if this is normal or will the leaves become deformed? I have some pictures but I don't know how to put them on... Thanks.

What do you mean? Like this?

As for posting photos, see this thread over on the ICPS board.

You can host your photos on one or more of the many free photo sharing sites or use Andrew's photo host.

Mine does something like that too, the new undeveloped traps are pointing to the side instead of down...

NaN: yup just like that... does this mean that they are stressed or is it fine and they will develop into normal leaves?

Maneatingmoo: Ok that's good to hear so now I know I'm not alone :)

They'll develop normally with a twisted petiole. Some times the trap leaf gets caught up under the leaf base if it's in the wide base phase. Either leave it alone or careful slip things back into place by hand. No big deal.

See my signature as to why this happens (replace animal with organism).

Back