What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weekend of fishing pics

this weekend was the Wolf Point's chapter of Walleyes Unlimited's kids fishing day up at Fort Peck held in conjunction with Glasgow's club....i dont have a boat so i helped a buddy in his, my wife helped organize stuff on shore and my oldest was a boat helper on another buddy's boat cause he had lil kids on his and she has spent the summer teaching swimming lessons and is good with youngins....Craig and i had a couple teenagers on ours...Gene and Kate hit the face of the dam for salmon while we headed the opposite way for walleye....

with the younger kids, major goal is to get fish to the boat for them to claim and not loose expensive gear over the side and not get the kids to disappointed cause they keep loosing fish, so Gene and Kate let the kids pick their pole, guided them with lure choice and dropped lines in the water.....

when one line popped up off the cannon ball and the fight was on Kate grabbed the pole and had the girl help as much as possible considering the lil girl was hooked into a 11 pound feisty salmon....though the salmon was the lil kids and she took the fillets home Kate is damn prownd of the catch as she did 95% of the fighting.....the salmon was a first for Kate as well as the lil girl...

sorry for the pic but it was taken with my daughters cell in rough water
IMG-20110813-00072.jpg

will get pics of the lil girl and the salmon and the gal on our boat with her walleye tomorrow as they are on a different camera...

all in all it was a great event, 50 some kids, just short of 25 boats and there were over 80 fish caught in 3 hours......Craig and i were very happy cause we have spent 3 days on that lake and been skunked but we managed to get two walleye in the boat in 3 hours for one of the girls on our boat and got robbed a whole lot....pretty sure with another half our or so we coulda got the other gal a few fish....

latter we hit the Missouri below the spillway off Fort Peck...Darla, Kate and i were gonna go out of Craigs boat and Gene and his boy Garrett were going out on his river boat and guide us down Nelson Dredge to avoid a sunken barge thats barely under water.....couldnt get the motor on Genes boat started....6 of us on Craigs Yar Craft was gonna be tight and just as we were getting ready to take off a businessman we sorta know out of Glasgow showed up to launch his boat, asked where we were going, he said he was headed that direction for a couple hours too and asked if any of us wanted to jump in with him.....Kate and Garrett jumped in and we all headed out....

i put 3 Sauger in the live well, Gene got one aswell as 3 lil walleye he tossed back aswell as a drum.....the bite was real short and i kept getting robbed

just beyond the trees to the right is the plunge pool off the spillway, Kate and Garrett were fishing there, we didnt dare get that close with Craigs boat as its a boat for the lake not the river
IMG_1691.jpg

Kate caught a big walleye up to the boat and it spit the hook, she tossed a couple lil ones back....Garrett cleaned house with 12 walleye caught, 5 kept, several over 20 inches...

motoring back up the river before dark
IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

went back out on the main Dredge today......lots of dinks, one small keeper that we tossed back before heading in cause didnt feel like cleaning just one small fish

Craig helping Darla with one of her dink walleye before tossing it back today
IMG_1700.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photography!

Wow yea, nice pics!

Kate, the lil girl and her salmon and Gene
IMG_0965.jpg

me and the one and two pound walleyes with the gal that caught them on our boat...she didnt want to hold them :grin:
IMG_0977.jpg

the largest walleye caught 13 pounds 2 ounces according to the scale we were weighting everyones fish on..for those not familiar with walleye this is an excellent fish in anyones book, anything over 10 pounds and ppl start considering putting them on the wall..
IMG_0980.jpg

we gave out prizes for the largest fish of every species caught, largest walleye gets mounted for free and because we are a walleyes organization we also gave out a second and third place prize for walleyes.....Kates salmon won the lil gal first place for that species....

Back