What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Website's Running!

Hey Guys!

I've been working for a LONG time on this new site. It's still incomplete, but its close to being finished (finally). Entirely made from Flash, its my best work yet, IMHO.
biggrin.gif

Check it out and let me know what y'all think. If you find any errors/bugs, let me know as well.

http://www27.brinkster.com/snowyfalcon/FlashSite.asp

SF

Of what I saw it was very nice.

VERY NICE!! Incredibly fancy, better than I could ever do! Unfortunately, that's not saying much, but still, very nice...
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Hey Corey! Good work!

I can see alot of hard work went in to it. I think you did a good job. How much traffic are you planning or hoping for? If it is over 20 people you might consider combining your Growlists, instead of seperating it out from Hybrid, Cultivar, etc.
biggrin.gif
Just a little time consuming to follow the trail backwards to allow you to reach Hybrids than only to find One specie on that list. You could easily combine them all on one or two pages.
biggrin.gif

Wish you good luck with your trades and sales. Hope you make some money from the sales!
biggrin.gif

Nice Job Corey!

Would you mind adding a link to my page. I will do likewise for yours if you like.

Looking very professional!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just a little time consuming to follow the trail backwards to allow you to reach Hybrids than only to find One specie on that list

Yeah, you have a point.  The reason I was separating them out was the hope of increasing the growlist to the point where it would not all fit on one page.  Right now my growlist is small enough to be contained on one page, but in the future....
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Wish you good luck with your trades and sales.  Hope you make some money from the sales!

Me too!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How much traffic are you planning or hoping for?

As much as possible really.  My old site was getting 50 pageviews a day, and about 5-6 different visitors.  The more the merrier though!

Copper, I would be delighted to add your page to my link list.  Give me a couple days to update it.  I would appreciate it if you linked to my index page ( http://www27.brinkster.com/snowyfalcon/index.asp ) This is my old site right now, but it will soon be replaced once this 'Beta' version is complete.

SF

Very nice SF!!! Your site's really cool!!
blues.gif

-buckeye

Very nice. Love the setup...can't wait to see it when it's up.

Thanks for all the kind remarks guys. I have a question though.

How long has it taken to load? Has anybody with a dial up (or slow
tounge.gif
) internet had a problem with it?

SF

Niiice!
biggrin.gif
now if i could only get mine setup... #### crosswinds
mad.gif

Great site SF. I have a couple of questions though and will PM you.

Okay, Laud, I'll be on the look out.
wink.gif

Come on... someone else has to have a slower Internet connection!?

SF
smile.gif

Nice looking page Snowy!
smile.gif
Being somewhat anal I timed how long it took for it to load onto my comeputer. It took >30 sec for the Home page to finish loading and ~1min and 28 sec for the main photo gallery page to load.  I have a good connection tonight though.

smile.gif

BCK

Corey,

It looks very nice, and has a cool design. But it's a little bit small on my screen. Check out this screenshot:

Screenshot

Trashcan,

Thank you VERY much for that screen shot, it has helped me find the problem.  My page is not Netscape compatible. I have fixed it though so that it now works for Opera, Mozilla and a few other ones.  Thanks for your help, ya saved me quite a few headaches!

SF

Back