What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We made a new word!

Hi y'all,

Guess what? We, the carnivorous plant community, are the only people group in the world who use the word "growlist" as one single word!

This is kind of unbelievable (even to me)! So y'all want evidence? Go to a major search engine (I used google) and search for growlist. The first few pages of links are exclusively cp-related. In fact, over 64% of the websites Google found with the word "growlist" on them also had the word "carnivorous" on them.
smile.gif

How did that happen? I think we all tripped each other up into using a non-exitent word... hmmm. But hey, at least it does have its plusses: carnivorous plant growlists just got a bit easier to find
wink.gif

well, time to email my friend webster...
tounge.gif

-noah

Did someone say "growlist"
confused.gif

Cephalotus
Cepahlotus 'Hummer's Giant' (cuttings)

Dioneae muscipula (VFTs)
Dente Cultivar
Red Dragon

Drosera (Sundews)
D. scorpiodes
D. filiformis ssp. tracyi
D. dichotoma
D. Spatulata
D. dielsiana
D. alicia

Nepenthes (Highland)
N. sanguinea
N. maxima x albomarginata (rooted cutting, yet to produce pitcher)
N. ventricosa "red"
N. ventricosa x ??
N. lowii
N. maxima (attempting to grow outside.)

Nepenthes (Lowland)
N. ampularia "spotted"

Pinguicula
P. laueana 'purple'
P. esseriana
P. primuliflora

Sarracenia (American Pitcher)
S. rubra ssp. rubra
S. pururea x flava (ornata)
S. Judith Hindle
S. "tarnok" (double-petaled flower. A cultivar of S. leucophylla)
S. oreophila #2 Sand Mt.

Utricularia (Bladderworts)
U. bisquamata

biggrin.gif

Capslock

Noah,
I realized that the other day when I kept typing growlist and the spell check kept going off.
tounge.gif
I thought it was lying.
wink.gif

Capslock,
Nice collection.
smile.gif
I'll be really interested to see how the Cepahlotus 'Hummer's Giant' cuttings do for you, keep us updated.

Hehe, this would be one LOOOOONG thread if everyone posted everything they grew in it.
tounge.gif

Hmmmm...verrrrrrrry interesting, Noah! lol Of course the CP community has to do something DIFFERENT from the norm. hehe

Thanks for the info...its nice to feel a little special.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Growlist; 1 pygmy sundew, one spathula sundew, two immature purples, and a vetrata cutting, much more will be added when i get some money
biggrin.gif

"non-exitent" is also a non-existent word
wink.gif

lol! You're right!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
My bad
rolleyes.gif

Back