What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We left the bathroom doors open

keas are also ptotected and not found in avicylture

Hey guys, I called my girlfriend. Girlfriend told me to get my eyes examined and laughed.  She did say that in her dreams she would like to have two of those birds like what Finch has. And April, her birds are "flightless" because she clips certain feathers or something. I didn't understand what she said but she evidently makes her birds flightless.  She also said the reason why her birds are heavy is because she feeds them well and the babies store food.  I've seen this. All the food balls up in their necks for lack of a better way to describe it. She has very nice birds. She spends a lot of time working with them so that they are good with people. She is very proud of her birds.

she pinions them. That's fine, as long as they are house birds, LOL! But what they really are is fat parrots, LOL! My friend Barb has an african grey named Festus(fat!) that has the roam of the whole house. And she has cats and dogs, too. The cats and dogs will mess with Festus exactly once....Then they learn(the hard and painful way)not to bother him again! He may not be able to fly, but Festus can climb/walk/run anywhere! He will climb all new people and explore their ear-lobes, noses and mouth, if you will let him, with his beak. Maybe their hair, too. It takes quite a bit of intestinal fortitude to sit still while Festus works you over.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]She did say that in her dreams she would like to have two of those birds like what Finch has

eh it would be interesting to have, but i dont have them (i borroed the picks from the recovery site for my little joke.. i gues sit was more obscure than i had inteded.) and they need all the breeding birds rightnow they can get for the recovery program. these things breed so very slowly that they probably wont enter aviculture if at all anytime in the next centuary or so- and personally i hope that they never do become a popular captive species with all the abused parrots out there these days. There so long lived no bird known has ever died of old age. (first individuals found in 1970's and they were probably very aged then because in that population first discovered there were no females and hantprobably  been for decades)

Back