What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have 2246 users

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
We have 2246 members, but I have only ever seen fewer than 30 that stay longterm. Why do people become members, and then never have over 1 or 2 posts. It's just weird.

Perhaps once they got here they didnt find any reason to stay?

Psssttttt.....Lurkers
smile_l_32.gif

maybe they didn't like it
confused.gif
alot of people just get on the forums to ask just one question about a vft they bought or something like that.. i guess others just forget about it.

I bet some just come to reply to a controversial topic or they want to add something somewhere and then forget about it. I've done it in other forums :p

There are a lot of motivators. We don't all have the same mindset. Many people only have a VFT or whatever they can get at a garden center - and that's it. Then there are the true diehard hobbyists out there. A lot of people are students and this is one small segment of their lives. A couple of our teens recently had to readjust their priorities and the CP's were the first to go. I imagine some people were scared off by the complexity of the hobby or by an unfriendly response, too. Our debates DO get heated and emotional at times.

I agree with earlier statements, some people may just get online for a post or two whenever they need to get info on a new plant. Even if that is true for me, i buy so much no one will know.
smile_m_32.gif

I think they get abducted by aliens.

Back