What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

way off topic, Custom watch project

Besides Cp's one of my loves is clocks and watches..

Chirs Pappas of Wilsonwatchworks.com sent some pics today of my current watch project. It should be completed sometime this weekend.

Chris does beautiful work and I can highly recommend him to anyone wanting a custom timepiece. This is my second W3, my first being a WWII German Navigator homage. It was one of his very early works. He uses images of it in his webpage banners/graphics.

This project started with the movement from a 1947 Hamilton model 917 pocket watch, a true American classic. The dial is one of Chris' custom designs, the 42mm double bezel exhibition case, onion style crown, hands and strap are all German with the deployment being Swiss.

The movement was fully serviced with a new unbreakable mainspring and modified NOS stem installed. It was also precision regulated in three positions.

P1050901.jpg

P1060049.jpg

P1060050.jpg

P1060051.jpg

P1060053.jpg

P1060055.jpg

P1060056.jpg

P1060057.jpg

P1060058.jpg

P1060059.jpg

P1060060.jpg

P1060061.jpg

P1060062.jpg

P1060063.jpg

P1060064.jpg

I'm keeping all the original parts in case I ever want to reassemble the original pocket watch.

1947 Hamilton sales video
(pretty cheesey at first but gets a lot better and who knows, my watch's movement could be in the video)

Cool 1949 Hamilton video on how a watch works

My W3 WWII German Navigator
3w_flieger.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Av

Last edited:
Cool
That watch has a really beautiful mechanism

Awesome! I was totally thinking about a watch with a CP on it today!

LOL, I have to admit Josh.... I hadnt considered mixing the two :p

hmmmmm LOL

I would love to have a pocket watch made with the face having a great CP picture on it as the background. I have a pocket watch with wolves as the background. It is a long story on how I ended up with it as I'm not a big wolf fan but I like pocket watches. Then I thought how cool it would be for one with a CP face. Drool!

I've never said this to another man before, but: Nice piece!

The hammy has arrived, took a few quickies during lunch
hp11a_hf.jpg

hp11b_hf.jpg

hp11c_hf.jpg

hp11d_hf.jpg

hp11f_hf.jpg

hp11g_hf.jpg

(*BOB is a German watch strap manufacturer)

And yeah, I know... I need to clay bar and wax my vehicle
:p

Thanks for looking, and now we return you to your regularly scheduled programming....
Av

Back