What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watering trays from Carter&Holmes Orchids?

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
I ordered some C&H Orchids Humidity/watering trays online and ...

edit: called them back, they just shipped in two different boxes. My bad ... the last one showed up and all my racks have drip trays now :-D.

any pics of them? i might like to give that a try:-D

P4230012.jpg

P4230015.jpg

...of course I'm going to need to move them into the tub or something to spray them down with neem because I just found a fuzzy white pest on one of my newer orchids (has been sequestered, but I still don't trust the little devils...won't be trading again this year methinks)...

wow they will be great and will help with humidity hm?

Great for watering, don't really do anything for humidity - but my plants are acclimatized to low humidity anyway.

Seems to me you could buy the egg crate grills for fluorescent lights and cut it to fit into any old tray for a lot cheaper.

Seems to me you could buy the egg crate grills for fluorescent lights and cut it to fit into any old tray for a lot cheaper.

Yes, I agree with that in general, but I like having the uniform look that I have and I'm willing to spend the money for a finished product because my plants are on show to the world because I'm a window sill grower. Cutting some myself might make some sharp edges upon which I'm sure I'd slice my hands open too, because I'm definitely a clumsy, hands-on gardener. :-))

Back