What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watering sarrs with well water

• Thread starter MICKEY
  • Start date
because of the heat wave Im using a lot more of my rain water than I planned on this summer , my well water is 130 ppm can I get away with watering my sarrs with it for a month till the rain starts again with out hurting my sarrs :nono:

I usally just let them have a few ice cubes from the fridge. that seems to cool them off and the melting ice really soaks the peat moss

Do you have enough rain water left to cut your well water with. I've used half and half without issues.

i have done that with my dews in the past and might have enough , guess I'll do that till it runs out then flush it good once the rains come in Sept

I use well water and only the drosera have shown any ill effects. Another trick i have heard if but havent tried is to collect the water from your a/c or central air. Central air especially put out gallons of apparently clean water a day.

Hi Mickey, chezilla is right if you have access to an AC unit use that condensed water or if you have an old style freezer that frosts over, use that ice, melted of course.Battery water or steam iron water will also work or RO water from a tropical fish stockist.

Otherwise use your well water on your plants, on the the basis that some water is better than none, but flush it well or repot as soon as is possible. You will know when the plants are getting too many minerals as any new pitchers will be twisted and malformed and continued use will eventually lead to death, but for a short period you can get away with it.

Cheers
Steve

I water my collection from our well everyday when it doesn't rain and have for years. My Sarrs, Drosera's and Pings all do well. I live in Florida and my well water comes up from 182 feet down.

cpman what is the ppm on your well?

no airconditioner I will test the water in the river behind my house latter

130 is very high, even for yourself. Your kidneys will have bad times.

Its better than nothing, but for a couple of days. I dunno for 30 days, i never tried, but im pretty sure your plant will suffer. You dont have demineralized water in your city ?

Maiden

Back