What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watering NEPS while on VACATION (2 weeks)

I came here hoping to find some ideas on how to water a collection of nepenthes while away for two weeks. The plants are indoors and will not be sitting in trays (though they could be) but most likely will be raised. I was looking into creating a temporary drip system or rain sprinkler system on a timer but have only begun a little research. I am not trying to spend a bunch of money or sell my entire collection. Any clues or simple ideas besides ASK A FRIEND??????????????????????
Thanks

the tray system always worked for me.. my neps have never cared about sitting in a tray of water. Even helps to induce basal production. As long as you have good airflow, shouldn't be a problem. As long as the trays don't try up..

the tray system always worked for me.. my neps have never cared about sitting in a tray of water. Even helps to induce basal production. As long as you have good airflow, shouldn't be a problem. As long as the trays don't try up..

Mass, may I ask how high the water level is in your trays and how high the shortest pots are? I have to water the crap out of my plants because the sphag dries out, but I have 100% excellent air flow in the greenhouse and my plants have been kept not moist, but wet, for the entire time I've had them. I really want to try the tray method with a few, but I don't want to induce root rot. Do you have any tips to avoid root rot, or any special things you do when you put neps in trays of water? Any species I should avoid doing this to?

Thanks! :)

Back