What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water issues please help

ok so stores around here for some reason don't have distilled water at the moment. they are all running low. can i water my plants with just bottled drinking water? that's all i have and i figure it's better than tap water. i'm going to another town tomorrow to get some water but i think my plants that are outside need water now. what do i do?

Drinking water has minerals added to it so is not advised for use on CPs. RO, disstilled, rain, and deionized are the only water types recomended...
Andrew

If it's the best you've got, your plants need the water now, and you're getting good water tomorrow anyway then I'd say go right ahead and do it. One single watering with water containing an above normal (well, above normal for your cps) mineral content shouldn't really matter. If you're feeling anal or worried about it after, then you can flush the pots with a bit of the water you get tomorrow.

So in conclusion: I think plants being too dry are more worrisome than plants watered with drinking water one time.

I just recently had to do the same thing. We have not had any rain in about 6 weeks. It is desperately dry here. I had to use some bottled water. I figured SOME water is better than no water at all. And bottled water has less evils than tap. Hopefully this weekend I can get some RO water at the store.

If anyone knows any good rain dances...please let me know.
smile_h_32.gif

Rain dance? T.S. Tammy!

Back