What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wassup with the King?

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
This Drosera regia R1 clone appears to putting out another root. Will it divide and start another growth point?
PC220009copy.jpg

PC220008copy.jpg

PC220007copy.jpg

They do that from time to time. Not necessarily an indicator of anything.

is it just the angle of the camera, or is the plant tilted a bit?(mainly the 1st picture) That might be a method of anchoring itself in. Also, what are those dews that are bowing before the king? wow that was cheesy...

Drosera regia have a tendency to root walk. They will shoot roots into the ground and push their base up above the ground and get slightly tilted. Nothing is wrong, thats just how the plant works. If you want you can keep covering/pushing it down but its always going to have a tendency to root walk.

All the more material for root cuttings.

Yes it is leaning over.

The "loyal subjects" are Drosera venusta seedlings. The neighboring plant flowers constantly and some of the seed from early summer found their way into the pot.

The root just means it's happier than it was before it made it. Mine puts those out when it's happy.

Drosera regia have a tendency to root walk.

I don't know about you, but carnivorous plants that walk make me a bit nervous

snapshot20081222200509.jpg

Reminds me of, "Day Of The Triffids".

Back