What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

was waisting time today...

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
My night blooming plant is in flower!!! Check it out!
nightbloom.JPG

Will it really only bloom at night so I'll prolly miss it? From this picture- any idea how much longer till it does open? Woohoo! my first flower from this plant!! (and my mom was growing it for like 8 years with nothin hehehehe)
Andrew

so what kind of plant is it?

Epiphyllum...sometimes (incorrectly) call Nightblooming Cereus. The flowers usually open around 10 p.m....fairly quickly. Its a nice opportunity for photographs as it opens.

That's awsome.
smile.gif

Yeah, they open at night. But the flowers remain open for several hours, so you'll still be able to enjoy the bloom in the morning.

you know my mom has had one for 7 years and nothing. oh well.

Well, hopefully I'll be able to catch it in photos... Even though the green house is not here where I live so it's gonna take some effort. haha Good luck to me anyway!
smile_n_32.gif

Welp- Tonight was the night! These are the best I got... It's hard to take photos at night, with a flash, (or without!) of a white flower lol Hope you enjoy!

Epiphyllumfront.jpg

Epiphyllumfrontangle.jpg

Epiphyllumside.jpg

-Andrew!!

Here is a large photo showing that the bloom comes out of the side of a leaf not off of the main stem as (at least I would have) expected...
(clickable link to protect dial up people (you PAK!!!) )
http://aaadnedarn.home.comcast.net/P1010062.JPG
hehe
Andrew

Nice pics Andrew. Almost makes me wish I had one to watch flower.
cool.gif

However the wife is already complaining of the "jungle" in the house and she just told my daughter that we were not bringing anymore plants home from the plant show we are going to in the Springs on the 16th. Good thing she didn't mention anything about plants from the Trading Forum or I'd be in trouble!
smile_m_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif
  Yeah all you have to say is Honey I am tradeing that means giving up a plant and then getting a plant.  Well in the case of devisions I bet that wouldn't help.  Your still upping your net ammount of plants.  LOL

Nice flower Andrew. I look forward to mine blooming. Hopefully in a couple of years.

Whoa, that's a really neat flower. It looks very, uh, "intricate" with all those tentacle things in the flower, almost like an animal.

-Ben

Nice pics! Its a beautiful flower. Its too bad they don't last longer. But they are great to watch open.
smile.gif

Maybe you'll get more flowers.

Wow, that's beautiful!

Back