What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warm mist humidifier.

So I am having problems keeping the humidity up in my grow room. Back when I was setting it up for a test run, the cool mist humidifier fogged the room up wonderfully. Since I added my lowlanders and heater to keep it warm the humidifier is not doing the job. Since I only have a few neps, I ran some tubes to direct the fog over the plants and that has been working just fine. I have a large number of neps coming in in the next few months and am wanting to see if another type of humidifier would work to increase the humidity of the entire room.

The room is close to 70sf and I have been looking at using a warm mist ultrasonic humidifier but know nothing about them. I don't know why the other one isn't fogging the whole room up like it used to but I'm guessing it has something to do with the added heat. Does anyone have any ideas that might help? My N. ampullaria and N. rafflesiana are pitchering just fine but the N. bicalcarata is not so I've had to put it in a terrarium within the room.

As you increase temperature the air's moisture holding capacity also increases... so the relative humidity decreases.

This is why an early morning fog "burns off" when the sun rises and temps increase...

Relative_Humidity.png

Warm mist humidifiers are pretty much worthless for our application

IMHO, your best bet would be to add additional ultrasonic capacity

I was thinking about adding another ultrasonic humidifier but wasn't sure if a warm mist humidifier would be a better option. I'll just get a couple more ultrasonic humidifiers to add in. Thank you very much!

Any recommendations for a decent humidifier? I'm using a Honeywell EasyCare Ultrasonic Humidifier right now.

I would check the humidity levels.... you may be fine where you are.

I'm not a LL person tho, maybe one will chime in at this point

Last edited:
Back