What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WANT: Flowering clone of U. longifolia

I have U. longifolia in a 3"x3" pot; in over a year, it has never flowered.

Does it need special conditions to flower, or are some clones non-flowering?

Does anybody have a clone that flowers easily?

Especially if they can divide me a plug?

Check my grow list and tell me what you want for it.

if yah dont find one check with me in the spring, i have a free flowering clone that i havent flowered yet(got it from a good source, dont worry
smile_m_32.gif
) but i just ransplanted it to a new container after it got neglected. im expecting it to bloom before the end of winter

They all flower. I have two seperate clones and they have both flowered. Plan on waiting at least a year or longer. The one in a small pot with 50/50 mix produced a lot more flowers. Its now invading all of my other utic pots. My collection is turning into a giant utric orgy with plants jumping from pot to pot until I have at least three species in each one! If you PM me your address I can send you some. I will chck you r grow list for trading possibilities, if not just send me a SASE.

Glenn

True, they both do. Sarraceniascott, did I send it. If so it is a flowering form with beatiful purple flowers. I find that the posts have almost have to be root bound before they will flower. If I did not send you that sample I can send you one that flowers.

I have one that is sending up it's 3 flower stalk, but has formed no flowers on them!?

There are numerous forms of longifolia (I myself have at least 5) and all seem to be different in their flowering habit. The form reported to be the most free-flowering is var. forgetiana. That said, this clone is my largest plant (I have it in a 10" pot) but it has not flowered for me once. I am sure there is some trick to triggering them, seasonal/photoperiod/temp oor some such but I have just not figured it out yet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ Dec. 28 2005,12:08)]True, they both do.  Sarraceniascott, did I send it.  If so it is a flowering form with beatiful purple flowers.  I find that the posts have almost have to be root bound before they will flower.  If I did not send you that sample I can send you one that flowers.
yes, I got it from you, Rose.

The pot is root-bound. Stolons are coming out the bottom, and trying to invade other pots. I am considering moving it to a deeper, larger 5" pot.

Mine was in a 5" when it flowered. It flowered in late spring/early summer. If it flowers again I will let you know.

SC,
When I had this many years ago, it came out the bottom of the pots and filled a 10 gallon tank. I would dump water in there until it was empty than dump again. The things never stopped flowering. They also killed my D. prolifera and D. villosa(ascendens now) and I got mad and ripped it out and threw it away.
I regret that now, but I was young(er).

Cheers,

Joe

Back