What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wal-mart vs. the pyramids

And where did you hear they were using child labor to manufacture their products? If that's anywhere near true, I can see how the idea of child labor can be objectionable, but don't start preaching about women manufacuring products being wrong. I don't see anything in the constitution that says that women are not just as capable as men are to manufacture products, if not moreso. This is NOT the 1800s. Women are not any less capable of working than men are and shouldn't - and don't want to - be pitied just because they actually work as much as men do. I don't want to start an argument and get this topic closed, but let me warn you, I tend to get hostile over this, and I don't want to have to do that here.

and we all of course know that you won't get hostile!
smilie4.gif

I have not seen any evidence that walmart is using child labour (the real issue) though I have no doubt that there are women out there making dismal pay in a forieng country (which I think was the point of what was said.)

That is a market economy. sad but true.

Well, sure, I'll believe women are getting minimal wage in some places, but that's no worse than men getting minimal wage. The minimal wage part is the issue, not the gender part. Besides, I don't give half a crap what the rumors are, I KNOW most WalMart workers get decent pay. There are probably just as many other stores that give minimal wage as there are WalMarts that give minimal wage.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and we all of course know that you won't get hostile!
*blank stare*

Back