What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VooDoo Lily

I have some voodoo lily bulbs and they sent up a plant but have not bloomed yet. I am new to these, I got them in trade a while back from someone who I traded some CPs for (not on this forum) and I don't know anything about them.

Also, do I need to put them in a heated greenhouse during the winter, or leave them outside and let them go dormant? Will they grow back in the spring if I don't protect them from frost? The bulbs are just slightly below the dirt level. I didn't plant them deep.

what kind are these again? im going to be getting a, SAUROMANTUM VENOSUM, but im not sure if thats the voodoo lily your talking about? or i could be way off, im pretty sure, amorphophallus, can go by voodoo lily, or is this something different?

dustin

I have no idea of the scientific name. However, I did search the posts, and I saw some blooms that other people posted. I haven't gotten a bloom from mine, but the bulb and the stalk looks just like mine, so it is the same plant. I think it started to bloom one time and my dog ate the flower. After that all I got was a stalk with leaves. I have about 10 bulbs though.

Back