What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voodoo Lily Photos

• Thread starter RSS
  • Start date
  • Tags
    winter
I really did not think these would make it through the winter here but it looks like they did just fine. The bulbs are about twice as deep as the package recommended.

Its likely Arum cornutum but I'm too lazy to go find the label. The photo do not really capture the shine of the "skin" or the funky smell, its not a bad smell but its not good either.

Voodoo Lily by randallsimpson, on Flickr

A more attractive flower than that of Amorphophallus konjac (another plant commonly called a voodoo lily).

wow! pretty nice flower

Very cool!
I just found them being sold at my local Whole Foods, I am very tempted to get a few!
What are your growing conditions?
Thanks for posting the photos!

I'm down in zone 8, we have really bad soil. The typical 4-8" of builders sand/dirt then its 2-4" of clay, next is rock. It gets really hot down here, 110+ for 2-6 weeks but we rarely get below the teens.

The flowers only last a few hours then you get to look at this for the rest of the season. They are interesting plants.

DSC_0353 by randallsimpson, on Flickr

Nice flower, but I don't think it's nice enough to make up for the smell if I have to grow it indoors! I doubt it would handle winters up here. The leaves look very similar to those of my Arisaema dracontium.

Last edited:
Back