What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volunteer at a carnivorous plant property

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
There is a guy that needs some help from us,George Heaton, of Panama City, Florida. George owns about 35 acres of somewhat overgrown seepage habitat about 60 miles west of Tallahassee.

George's land has Sarracenia psittacina, S. purpurea (=S. rosea), S. leucophylla, Drosera capillaris, and probably more. However, his site needs some help. If you live in the area and are interested in helping George do some stewardship work on his lands.

There has been some discussion in the Conservation forum about getting some guys together and carpooling to Fla. We haven't set a date yet. Let's get a list of everybody that would be interested in going first, then we'll pick the best date so that the most of us can make it. So if you're interested in going, make a post here. If you live close enough to the site and would like to help him out on his own, you can find his email in the conservation forum.

wow i live in ft walton beach so thats like a hour or so drive i would help (and would like to) but i dont know how i would get there, my mom probaly wouldnt like it especially since its just some guy ive found out via internet, and i dont know what to do to help but dont know how. what exactly are yall doing? giveing them a home? i would like to help
smile.gif

Back